edwardconnolly
Monday, January 10, 2005 7:24:30 AM
As a child, my Father took me to see this show set up in our hometown of Williamsport, Pennsylvania. Although we did not get back to see the show operating, to a small child the setup was flashy and magnificent! Time has passed and I cannot remember exactly when that was. If any of you history buffs have a route book, when did Penn Premier play Williamsport, PA in the years 1946-1952? It was probably a still date as we didn't have a fair?
E. S. Connolly
Circusnut2
Skywheelrider
Monday, January 10, 2005 8:57:34 AM
A couple of years ago, maybe three or so, Carousel (now Carnival) Magazine did a complete history of Penn Premier, had some old photos, very interesting. I will have to look the articles up and see what they say about those years.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 10, 2005 11:59:15 AM
Edward: WOW I am from Williamsport originally too. I sent you a PM.
Bossman
Tuesday, January 11, 2005 10:48:27 AM
edwardconnolly, in the November 2004 edition of CARNIVAL magazine, there is a nine page article on Penn Premier Shows and Keystone State Shows, both owned and operated at the same time by the late Lloyd Serfass, Sr. There is no name as to who may have written the article, so it may have been written in house by Charles Dabbs. The article does say that Lloyd Serfass, Jr is operating LAM Enterprises, a festival ride unit out of Greenock, PA. I would first suggest that you contact Charles Dabbs as he may have the information you seek. Hope this may help you..