Home | Carnival News | Fair News | Park News | Classifieds & Help Wanted | Galleries | Contact
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Condor2001  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 26, 2020 2:42:37 PM(UTC)
Condor2001

Groups: New Members
United States

I know this forum is mainly for travelling rides, but I though I'd give this query a shot here, since a lot of users are familiar with the amusement industry or have access to manuals.

Does anyone have access to a manual for a Vekoma SLC, or at least the portion regarding the lift motor? I'm doing some research for a project, and I cannot find a definitive answer as to what the standard drive setup is for the lift. I'm willing to trade any of the manuals I have in pdf version if someone is looking for something, as I have just access to most ride models. I checked to see if Ridebooks had a manual, but they only have one for the SFC model, and safety bulletins which didn't reveal any lift information.

If not a manual, does anybody know the standard lift drive for this model? I am lead to believe that it is a hydraulic drive, as Vekoma typically uses this for many of their models circa 80s-90s. There is also what appears to be a drain line coming off one of the supports near the gearbox. The only reason why I don't know for sure is many panels (and one of the SOP manuals) have a label for "DC Motor". The SOP I had access to says that the button is to activate the cooling system for the motor, but again the DC motor theoretically could be a drive motor for either a direct gearbox connection, or for the hydraulic pump if one is present. The only other purpose I can think of for the drain line is if the system has an automatic oiler installed, but I have not confirmed this. I do know for a fact that Vekoma used a DC drive for what is now Blue Hawk at Six Flags over Georgia, as I have the manual for this ride.

The only pictures I have seen from the lift drive is from one of those Chinese knock off models, which appears to be a DC motor drive, but the gearbox following the drive is some sort of weird orthogonal setup leading to a covered box that I cannot determine its function. Again, since it's a knockoff, it may also be a different setup. Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated, as I would rather have the general system than to use incorrect data.
Sponsor
Rss Feed  Atom Feed