astro boy
Monday, July 27, 2020 11:00:39 PM
With August around the corner. What state Fairs still have the green light to operate?
Kentucky
Tulsa
Mississippi
South Carolina
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 8:14:58 AM
I don't think NC has decided, but I expect them to cancel.
rideguyray
Tuesday, July 28, 2020 11:27:32 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Maryland's (Timonium, MD) i'd say is in a similar situation although that one is the end of August thru labor day. From what I can tell, they're only accepting entries from MD residents for the livestock and indoor buildings, no horse show but beyond that, how much of the fair will actually happen remains to be seen.
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:23:12 PM
South Carolina is out, at least the midway, small drive thru fair with concessions and a few things to see.
ridejocky
Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:47:18 PM

South Carolina is out, at least the midway, small drive thru fair with concessions and a few things to see.

Maybe when they drive around the back-end rioters can jump out and shake the cars for a thrill...

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, July 30, 2020 8:20:22 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Maybe when they drive around the back-end rioters can jump out and shake the cars for a thrill...

LOL
Discjo
Thursday, July 30, 2020 12:05:07 PM
Midway buckets for sale cheap!!! Overstocked this year
JustinJames
Friday, July 31, 2020 12:33:12 AM

NC cancelled.
thunderbolt85
Friday, July 31, 2020 11:38:16 AM
I wonder if they will still try to have all those Christmas villages and such down in FL this year? I know Strates does one near Orlando and there is that big one down near Miami?
ridejocky
Friday, July 31, 2020 1:43:15 PM

I wonder if they will still try to have all those Christmas villages and such down in FL this year? I know Strates does one near Orlando and there is that big one down near Miami?

I was Santa one year and was supposed to fly in and land at Rosie O'Grady's in a hot air balloon to give out the toys. The balloon blew away and I had to ride in on the back of Bill Davis's pick-up...

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Friday, July 31, 2020 4:04:45 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I was Santa one year and was supposed to fly in and land at Rosie O'Grady's in a hot air balloon to give out the toys. The balloon blew away and I had to ride in on the back of Bill Davis's pick-up...

[grd]

LOL, well guess whatever works right?
thunderbolt85
Friday, July 31, 2020 4:08:45 PM
Just the thing I hate about all this as well is that most likely not be any new ride purchases for a year or two (unless already ordered). Now naturally I would rather see folks working, so yes that is the most important thing, but you know will take a couple of years for shows to get back on their feet so to speak if things get back to normal next year.

A lot of stuff for sale out there right now, lots of concession trailers as well. And on top of it may hard to get H2B help next year if they are concerned with bringing folks into the country.

But one thing about carnies, its always going to be better down the road.
wvscott
Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:35:02 AM
saw in news yesterday that Maryland cancelled the state fair
astro boy
Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:17:00 PM
Looks like you can add Kentucky to that also
JustinJames
Friday, August 7, 2020 9:11:13 PM
Originally Posted by: astro boy 

Looks like you can add Kentucky to that also

Yet the amusement park next door is open.