rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 3:33:31 PM
It is going to be interesting to see how they pull this state fair off as I`m sure everyone has seen photos from the lake areas of Missouri where people are partying like it`s 1999. With the overall event being smaller than usual a weekend crowd could be quite a task to handle. I would expect the elders choose to attend the weekdays during the daytime and I don`t think anything will slow the younger crowd after being locked in so long. Best of luck to everyone and god please let me find the fried green tomato stand in its usual spot.
RodB
Jackpotter
Tuesday, June 16, 2020 7:05:48 PM
I can tell you from being at restaurants in KY two weeks ago and in PA this weekend... you don’t see people over 65 out. Nor do you see people with young children out. At least not in these restaurants. Restaurants for most people are expendable income. Idk what it means just what I’ve observed.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, June 17, 2020 11:39:02 PM
people are out in the myrtle beach area. putt courses have people when not raining. rides at broadway look to be doing ok. social distancing is not always occurring. eating establishments have lines, some due to limited capacity. traffic is usual summer time traffic. of course the drive thru's and carry outs are still strong.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:36:25 AM
Originally Posted by: britt 

people are out in the myrtle beach area. putt courses have people when not raining. rides at broadway look to be doing ok. social distancing is not always occurring. eating establishments have lines, some due to limited capacity. traffic is usual summer time traffic. of course the drive thru's and carry outs are still strong.

Be headed that way in about three weeks, looking forward to not only the beach but seeing Strates at the Horry County Fair. Maybe I can catch a show or two on the way down/back as well somewhere along the route I take.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, June 18, 2020 7:38:10 AM
I took the kids to Frankie's Fun Park last night for a hour or two, wasn't packed, but had some folks in there, was also about 4pm on weeknight, so not usually high business times.

Everything was open, no requirement on anything except social distancing as much as possible.