thunderbolt85
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 6:44:14 AM
Seems kinda quiet around here for march and so many shows getting ready to start or have already started.

Years ago always looked forward to March because our show would head out, the first spot was of course a still date, but it was nice to see the rides in the air again, rides we had refurbed, and warm days/nights.

Course know you folks way up north are still suffering in the cold, hope it warms up soon for you.

indianacarnie
Thursday, March 5, 2020 4:16:34 PM
Indeed. I've been retired now for a few years, medical for me plus had to take care of my dying mother, but march is....... well, my blood still craves going out. Have been seriously considering going out for one more year. Possibly two if I can find the right hole. Its "coolish" here now but plenty nice enough for setting up and making money. We'll still get a few cold snaps I'm sure but .... the season is upon us 😃! Just not sure if I can find a hole to be honest. I'm ....... in my early 60's now and can't do as much as I once could but can still call em in. I worked a few spots for some friends of mine last year but they don't run a full season anymore and if I go back out I want to do it right. There's a show that advertises here that has caught my eye, I plan on contacting them ....actually, sometime in the next week or so to see if they could use me. Hope so as I miss the business I love and spent 40+ years of my life in. From what I've been hearing the help situation might favor me , at least a little lol. We'll see I guess.

You're quite correct, years ago this place was hopping about now. Guess that piece of crap site facebook has stolen everyones attention. Kudo's to Matt for keeping this place alive!! Thank you Matt.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
JustinJames
Thursday, March 5, 2020 9:27:16 PM
Our season began in February... I wish it was starting in April. 🙄
thunderbolt85
Friday, March 6, 2020 6:48:38 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Our season began in February... I wish it was starting in April. 🙄

Uh, been cold or nasty there? I know here we have had tons of rain, tornadoes, snow, one week we had all that and more in one week.

Well, hope its better soon out there, I remember cold wet tear downs in early spring, never liked them.
thunderbolt85
Friday, March 6, 2020 6:50:49 AM
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Indeed. I've been retired now for a few years, medical for me plus had to take care of my dying mother, but march is....... well, my blood still craves going out. Have been seriously considering going out for one more year. Possibly two if I can find the right hole. Its "coolish" here now but plenty nice enough for setting up and making money. We'll still get a few cold snaps I'm sure but .... the season is upon us 😃! Just not sure if I can find a hole to be honest. I'm ....... in my early 60's now and can't do as much as I once could but can still call em in. I worked a few spots for some friends of mine last year but they don't run a full season anymore and if I go back out I want to do it right. There's a show that advertises here that has caught my eye, I plan on contacting them ....actually, sometime in the next week or so to see if they could use me. Hope so as I miss the business I love and spent 40+ years of my life in. From what I've been hearing the help situation might favor me , at least a little lol. We'll see I guess.

You're quite correct, years ago this place was hopping about now. Guess that piece of crap site facebook has stolen everyones attention. Kudo's to Matt for keeping this place alive!! Thank you Matt.

Well hope you can find a good spot this year and make some money. I understand on your Mom, just finished taking care of my Dad for about 2 years, he passed in January. I have fond memories of him taking me to the fairs/carnivals when I was young. At that young age, even though he didn't have a lot of money, he let ride every kiddie ride, then one or two a second time before we left or just walked around enjoying the sites.
JustinJames
Saturday, March 7, 2020 10:52:51 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Uh, been cold or nasty there? I know here we have had tons of rain, tornadoes, snow, one week we had all that and more in one week.

Well, hope its better soon out there, I remember cold wet tear downs in early spring, never liked them.

We open in Southwest Florida first.