thunderbolt85
Friday, January 31, 2020 12:08:32 PM
https://www.wkbw.com/new...-reconsider-fair-overlap 

What do you all think about this, I don't have a problem with them extended but why do it when it overlaps Erie and other fairs, wonder is really behind this?

Why not extended into the week of labor day? You already have that Monday, add five more days and close on Saturday after Labor Day.

Or does the fair really need to go longer at all?

Thoughts?
ridejocky
Saturday, February 1, 2020 8:48:38 AM
Didn't it use to run for three weeks?

As I remember it never got packed but good steady money.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, February 3, 2020 6:32:35 AM
Can't say for sure on that, always thought it was just the normal 12 days.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, February 3, 2020 8:33:16 PM
From 60's thru 1977 NYSF ran 7 days, Tuesday thru Labor day. Extended to 10 days in 1978, Saturday thru Labor day. Eventually went to 11, 12 and finally 13 a few years back. I believe it may have run longer in 40's or 50's running after Labor Day for maybe 9-12 days.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, February 19, 2020 6:59:25 AM
Well I guess the powers that be got what they wanted, its going to mess some vendors up who come from other spots. Now some will have to choose between those spots and the NYSF.
Jackpotter
Thursday, February 20, 2020 10:10:17 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Well I guess the powers that be got what they wanted, its going to mess some vendors up who come from other spots. Now some will have to choose between those spots and the NYSF.

The potential is there for a domino effect and it could mess up more than just vendors. It's a wait and see thing.