britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:23:56 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yep, and hopefully if Strates gets another big spot or two maybe the Top Spin will return.

it has not been ruled out. still a possibility.

wvscott
Saturday, December 7, 2019 10:07:21 AM
I would hope they are really considering trying to get their own sky wheel. It was extremely popular last year at Erie, and Strates now has quite a few spots that would be sky wheel worthy in term of attendance. One would think there should be one around somewhere they could buy and totally refurbish and make nice. History proves it will fit on the train also
thunderbolt85
Monday, December 9, 2019 7:00:34 AM
Although I am wishing right along there with you, I don't believe the Sky Wheel will make a comeback to the Strates midway on a regular basis.

It was one more of a sight to see that green and yellow king turning at night, but between two giant wheels they have now and having sold their original Sky Wheel I just don't see it happening.

But maybe they will book one more at the popular spots in the future.

Actually both the Sky Wheel and Diver were great to see on their midway, but the giant wheels have just overtaken the classic old wheels and replaced them.
Mst458
Tuesday, December 10, 2019 12:54:52 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

The 2 spots that Strates has after the Meadowlands, both fairly new to them and run at the same time, will probably remain. Looks like they would have time from those to York.
See 2 spots from Strates 2019 schedule that conflict with this though...

The Strates Shows is returning to the Chemung County Fair in Horseheads, NY in 2020. The dates will be August 4 - 9.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, January 1, 2020 11:32:08 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Saw a picture of Strates in Danville this year and they had a Monster Truck, Klomax Elephant ride and nice looking kiddie paddle or bumper boats. Does anyone know if Strates bought those or they booked?

Steve Ianni owns the Kolmax flying dumbo.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Tornado
Friday, January 3, 2020 5:16:40 PM
Originally Posted by: 42WLA 

Steve Ianni owns the Kolmax flying dumbo.

Thanks
He has some others too besides the Elephants, right?
Kings Circus 3 Story Fun House
The new Circus Train
Bear Affair

BeauceCarnavalMan
Sunday, January 5, 2020 11:06:40 PM
Wonder if they will book anything from A of A for this spot since A of A books them in for Meadowlands.
BeauceCarnavalMan
BeauceCarnavalMan
Sunday, January 5, 2020 11:08:20 PM
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

I would hope they are really considering trying to get their own sky wheel. It was extremely popular last year at Erie, and Strates now has quite a few spots that would be sky wheel worthy in term of attendance. One would think there should be one around somewhere they could buy and totally refurbish and make nice. History proves it will fit on the train also

They are missing a drop tower ride and orbitor/remix ride they would need to buy first. I see them wanting to book a Sky Wheel for the few bigger spots they have.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 6, 2020 3:46:56 PM
A of A's Crazy Mouse played Hamburg last year with Strates in August. There's 12 days between Meadowlands and York and then 10 days between York and Hamburg so it could easily play both if A of A doesn't need it elsewhere. We shall see...
Tornado
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:35:45 PM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

A of A's Crazy Mouse played Hamburg last year with Strates in August. There's 12 days between Meadowlands and York and then 10 days between York and Hamburg so it could easily play both if A of A doesn't need it elsewhere. We shall see...

A of A also has that nice Bertazzon Rock and Roll Bobs ride. May be they book that in too. Know it would conflict with the Thunder Bolt, but is a GREAT looking piece....