thunderbolt85
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 6:45:24 AM
Can anybody on here give information about what all Pugh had at the height of their show? Rides, support equipment, shows, etc. and any history as well.

I remember reading that one time Pugh tried to public with stock, but it didn't work out very well.

Did meet and work for Bobby Pugh when he ran the small unit for Nova, nice guy.
JustinJames
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 8:39:37 AM
At the peak of their size, they had acquired Crown Amusements and were running 5 units that I remember. Being 40 years old and it being almost 20 years ago, please forgive any errors in my list.

Giant Wheel (2)
Century Wheel
Skywheel
Crazy Dance
Scorpion
Orbiter (2)
Sea Dragon
Pharoah's Fury
Bertazzon Musik Express (with caterpillar)
Thunder Bolt
Alpine Bobs
1001 Nachts
Chance Twister
Star Trooper
Starship 2000 (2)
Ring of Fire
Yo Yo (2)
Tilt (2-4)
Wipe Out (2)
Tip Top
Hamptons (15 ish)
MGR (5 or 6)
Kamikaze (2)
Round Up (2)
Scrambler (2)
Sizzler (2)
Zipper (3)
Scooters (5)
Helicopters (several)
Fliver (Tilton)
Fire Chief
Samba Balloons
Nut Town Funhouse
Mardi Gras (2)
Tinsel Town Glass
Toon Town Funhouse
Alpine Funhouse
Ghost Train
Super Slide (5)
Eli Hy-5
Quadzilla
Trains (at least 3)
Herschel Bees
Raiders (2)

My own personal opinion would be that the show's "hey" days were in the late 80's to mid-90's years. In the midwest, they were a monster to contend with. Then when you added in the Crown route, they become a super show in their own respects. Dick Carl had spent about 12 years working year round with his Crown Amusements and had a SOLID route including many of the bigger NC fairs. In Michigan, if Dick wanted your spot... You lost your spot in several cases. Our show currently plays some of those NC fairs as well as the fair the Carl family owns and operates in Georgia.

Jeff was not afraid to spend money on the rides. That is for certain. It was very sad to see the empire fall. 😞
Tornado
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 1:17:43 PM
saw them 3 times...
Was impressed each time !!!