swooper
Friday, October 4, 2019 10:22:58 AM
Bubble bounce
Barn (two trailer fun house)
Five Eli wheels in 1960s
Nightmare / Galacktica double deck two trailer funhouse ride
ridejocky
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 12:38:38 AM
Going up-country one year with Strates I was pulling the Flying Bobs center-load with #9 R-model Mack. The R-models all had nice paint (bright orange with a white stripe) and nice chrome stacks. We stopped to spend the night at a big 76 truck-stop in VA (is it Speed and Brisco's maybe?) and there were some Big-A trucks in the parking lot.

When we came out in the morning the Big-A trucks were all gone, as were all our chrome stacks and the bobs lead-wire....

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 6:52:48 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Going up-country one year with Strates I was pulling the Flying Bobs center-load with #9 R-model Mack. The R-models all had nice paint (bright orange with a white stripe) and nice chrome stacks. We stopped to spend the night at a big 76 truck-stop in VA (is it Speed and Brisco's maybe?) and there were some Big-A trucks in the parking lot.

When we came out in the morning the Big-A trucks were all gone, as were all our chrome stacks and the bobs lead-wire....

Bet the boss wasn't happy on that one.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:26:09 AM
Originally Posted by: bigjlh 

seen them in Ottawa canada,had most of there big iron layed down,with some Canadian showmen booked in with some rides a enterprise was there that looked like it was in a hell of a hailstorm.big spot ok then thanx bigjlh

I know Beauce Carnaval put a few pieces in there with a few other Canadian Shows.
BeauceCarnavalMan
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:18:55 PM
Originally Posted by: olediggerguy 

jumped on and off with them back in the day.....Units playing all over the place...

The show had a WIDE OPEN front end...with BUCK PAGE as its manager...The last couple years I was around...they calmed it down to mostly hankys working....till closing SUNDAY......then all the traps came out...and went to WORK....

Im also sure the OHIO incident hasn't helped them in any way shape or form.....

Roland Page
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:23:44 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

WOW over the years they sure did have some big/bigger iron...
Did not know they had a Flitzer coaster. Nice small coaster
Did it have all the scenery like Reithoffer's Indy 500 (Flitzer) does??

No scenery
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:30:36 PM
Originally Posted by: swooper 

Some more rides
Jubilee ( built in house from a caterpillar ride had a building and looked like a himalaya could not tell it was built in house)
Looper Allen hershel
Twister hershel gas powered
Saturn 6

Didn't know about the Jubilee but they had a Super Cat, Swooper. The twister was 2 trailers. They also had that parachute drop tower. Can't recall the name.

After sleeping on it I remembered the parachute drop was called Ripcord.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:34:05 PM

Bubble bounce
Barn (two trailer fun house)
Five Eli wheels in 1960s
Nightmare / Galacktica double deck two trailer funhouse ride

Bob, the Gallactica was a 2 trailer Hollingsworth originally owned by Richard Taft.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:36:11 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Wanted to see if we could dig back a little to the 70s and 80s and see if anyone here worked on the show during that time. Got any good stories, ride information, etc?

I know they had some great stuff back then like:

Swiss Bobs
Hully Gully
Flying Bobs
Discotek
Sky Wheel
2 Divers
Double Deck Dark Ride
Majors and Kiddies

Any good stories on spots they played or are still playing, booked back-end shows, other dark rides/fun houses, etc.?

As far as good stories go, I'm sworn to secrecy.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:38:17 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

can add the though some may not have been from the 70's and 80's era:

Mack Musik Express
Big Zyklon coaster (the one NAME has now)
Pinfari Looping Star Coaster
Thought they had a Huss Rainbow at one time too???
KMG Tango (for short period as the center load was rolled not long after they got it...)

They did have a Huss Rainbow for awhile. The legend Wayne Berra "Waynebow" was moving it.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 23, 2019 7:42:43 PM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

LOL Speed and Brisco's, you are showing your age. It's still there but not a Union 76. Don't know what they call it now.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
Carnivalbuff
Sunday, November 24, 2019 10:53:10 AM
What part of Virginia was that in Lotman?
swooper
Sunday, November 24, 2019 4:04:45 PM
Originally Posted by: lotman 

Roland Page

Davey Feinman and Bobby Cohen preceded
Rolland
Butch Van Hull has his zyklon at meadowlands
Late 1980’s one of his comments to me was
“ nobody move equipment like these guys”
Of course that was then
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 24, 2019 5:53:06 PM

Davey Feinman and Bobby Cohen preceded
Rolland
Butch Van Hull has his zyklon at meadowlands
Late 1980’s one of his comments to me was
“ nobody move equipment like these guys”
Of course that was then

I used to come into Middletown NY with Tommy Bear before he became Concessions Mgr for Babe. I later got hired by Phil the year they bought Roland Page out.
Roland became Concessions mgr for Johnny and Dominics unit and Darrell Boyd became Concessions mgr on Phils unit which covered some of the Page route the other units didn't cherry pick.

They did move some big iron and a lot on a weekly basis. Help was different then.
Mark Twain
powersmidways.com
Carnivalbuff
Sunday, December 1, 2019 11:02:58 AM
Lotman,

What part of Virginia was that in?