thunderbolt85
Friday, September 6, 2019 7:14:04 AM
Headed up to the NC mtn state fair tonight, and it looks like from media pictures this morning that both the Seattle Wheel and Space Wheels are there, so this will be a really cool thing to see those two rides together again on the same lot.

If you live close by it might be a really good year to head up there, you can see Drew's new Matterhorn as well.
thunderbolt85
Monday, September 9, 2019 6:45:00 AM
Went up to the fair Friday night and had a great time, I did take some digital photo's of the Space Wheels and working on posting them asap, but here is the line up:

Seattle Wheel
Space Wheels
Himalaya
Matterhorn
Pirate
Mixer
S. Loops
Vertigo
Taxi Cab (bumper cars)
FireBall
ION (orbiter)
X Factory
Surfer
Black Forest (FH)
Glass House
Tornado

3/MGR
Umbrellas
Wacky Worm
Raiders
Tea Cups
Kite Flyer
Rockin Tug
2 Venture Go rounds
Train
Barnyard
Bulgy the Whale
Bounce slides
Super Slide

Chairlift

Missing: Wave Swinger, Clatterpiller and maybe a couple of others.

Space Wheels looked good, running one side only, had a line all night, at least until we left.
wvscott
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 9:02:59 AM
why was the Space Wheels running one side only?
bigjlh
Tuesday, September 10, 2019 1:48:42 PM
probably need two or three more men if both wheels turning imo.thanks bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, September 11, 2019 6:25:55 AM
Yep, I think bigjlh is on target, I only saw three guys working the space wheels Friday night, but saw all the controls and everything to the other side. Of course could be also that they thought not enough people to run both sides, they had a line, but not extremely long.

Still, they did an outstanding job restoring the ride and the Seattle Wheel looked outstanding as well. They did have a bit of an incident with the Space Wheels over the weekend which made the press, and then a convicted sex offender got arrested at the fair which was in the press as well.

Its a shame because that is such an outstanding fair and Drew does a terrific job in there as well, great midway.

It was just right on the crowds during late afternoon, early evening, nice cool breeze, then the midway got packed later on, of course they always run a midnight madness on that first night.
ridejocky
Monday, September 16, 2019 6:44:55 PM
Yeah, to run a single Skywheel at full capacity takes four. So i’m Thinking the Space wheel would take seven or even eight.

Ride the Zipper?