ridejocky
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:24:38 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

I believe the Reithoffer and Strates wheels are both 33 or 34 meters, just like:

Conklin's old giant dutch wheel
Deggeller's old giant dutch wheel
RCS's older Grand Wheel and newer Big wheel
Powers giant dutch wheel
Talley's giant dutch wheel

I think the best looking one of them ALL is Talley's...

Also, I remember seeing once a giant dutch wheel on a show out of Quebec Canada (Amusements Spectacular (or something like that) that had a giant with the mechanics/drives to run the wheel mounted on it own trailer. Was never able to get pictures of the wheel though 😞
It was a unique wheel. Not sure what became of it...

Yeah, that's as high as you can get with one piece spokes you can trailer...

Anyone else seen a centerless wheel?

Ride the Zipper?
Tornado
Friday, September 27, 2019 11:38:01 AM
yes exactly what I was thinking too...

50 foot spokes require a 50 foot trailer giving a 100 foot diameter wheel or
53 foot (longest legal trailer) gives a 106 foot diameter.

and in the hang of the gondola at the wheels bottom and some ground clearance and you get

108 ish feet or 114 ish feet...
Tornado
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:30:31 AM
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

during the posted video on the NAME FB page, they mentioned that NAME is getting a 150' tall new Giant Wheel that will use 22 trailers. Does anybody know more about this new NAME wheel?

also, I read the other day that a new very large wheel will be at the NC State Fair this year, and that article said "it" will be the tallest traveling wheel in the US. Does anybody know about this one?

everybody claims to have the biggest wheel it seems, but 22 trailers seems right up there with the RCS LaGrande XL Wheel

Ya saw the video you are talking about. Mentioned Its first spot is Columbia SC at the SC State Fair…
So, must be on the grounds now getting setup !!!
He mentioned each gondola sets up to 8 people.
I'm wondering if this wheel will like the Wade/Wood one or like the RCS La Grande XL ???
Tornado
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 10:34:07 AM

Ya saw the video you are talking about. Mentioned Its first spot is Columbia SC at the SC State Fair…
So, must be on the grounds now getting setup !!!
He mentioned each gondola sets up to 8 people.
I'm wondering if this wheel will like the Wade/Wood one or like the RCS La Grande XL ???

Ok found this on the SC State Fair Website:
So, it sound more like the RCS wheel...

To celebrate South Carolina State Fair’s remarkable 150th anniversary, North American Midway Entertainment is debuting for the first time in North America its new 150 foot high “150 Celebration Wheel”. The ride includes 36 temperature-regulated gondolas, which creates an encounter that you will want to experience over and over again. Each gondola carries 6 people on a luxurious journey to new heights never seen before at the South Carolina State Fair.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:49:41 PM
Tornado, if you dig around you will also see that a brand new large wheel is sitting at the NC State Fair also. The had a photo of the 1st 2 loads parked the other day and it said this will be the very first time this wheel will go in the air.
bigjlh
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 2:18:33 PM
wvscott,that wheel in nc looks to be the wade/wood wheel.nice wheel draws a lot of attention flashy for sure great lite show.ok then thanks big jlh
Tornado
Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:45:43 PM
yes the end of the spokes where they are pinned look to have been used.
And i would think a brand new wheel would not be racked as nice as that too.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 6:44:23 AM

Ok found this on the SC State Fair Website:
So, it sound more like the RCS wheel...

To celebrate South Carolina State Fair’s remarkable 150th anniversary, North American Midway Entertainment is debuting for the first time in North America its new 150 foot high “150 Celebration Wheel”. The ride includes 36 temperature-regulated gondolas, which creates an encounter that you will want to experience over and over again. Each gondola carries 6 people on a luxurious journey to new heights never seen before at the South Carolina State Fair.

They have a couple of new rides coming in this year, or new to the spot. A Flying Bobs (not sure who's that is yet), a Fliver car ride, Red Baron, Morbid Mansion (anyone know who's that is?). They are also listing the Twister as new, but it has been there before just a long time ago, and oh yeah the Double Decker MGR. Strates had his in there a couple of years, but Dixie Classic and the SC State Fair overlap this year, so guess he couldn't make it.

Sad thing is only saw two music rides on the list, the Bobs and a Wisdom Himi, first time I can think of there will not be a "big" Himi like the Polar or Music Express, but still a big midway with two coasters and the log flume.
Tornado
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 9:57:55 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

They have a couple of new rides coming in this year, or new to the spot. A Flying Bobs (not sure who's that is yet), a Fliver car ride, Red Baron, Morbid Mansion (anyone know who's that is?). They are also listing the Twister as new, but it has been there before just a long time ago, and oh yeah the Double Decker MGR. Strates had his in there a couple of years, but Dixie Classic and the SC State Fair overlap this year, so guess he couldn't make it.

Sad thing is only saw two music rides on the list, the Bobs and a Wisdom Himi, first time I can think of there will not be a "big" Himi like the Polar or Music Express, but still a big midway with two coasters and the log flume.

where is the rest of the big stuff:

Polar Express
Euro Slide
4-abreast Grand Carousel

Does not seem like they are there either...

And is NAME not using all 3 of their KMG Fireball rides (Cumberland Valleys old one, Farrow's old one and Conklin's old one)???
Seems other shows (Butler, Drew, Reithoffer, Strates and Wade) have replaced the seats with the new model ones...
Tornado
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 10:13:33 AM

Polar Express
Euro Slide
4-abreast Grand Carousel

And is NAME not using all 3 of their KMG Fireball rides (Cumberland Valleys old one, Farrow's old one and Conklin's old one)???
Seems other shows (Butler, Drew, Reithoffer, Strates and Wade) have replaced the seats with the new model ones...

and the usual Apine bobs
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, October 2, 2019 3:56:40 PM

Polar Express
Euro Slide
4-abreast Grand Carousel

I think I saw those up for sale (or still up for sale) and they are replacing with Freak Outs and that new Star Dancer.

Think the Polar, Euro, and 4 abreast may be in Little Rock? Maybe somebody can confirm.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 2:58:40 PM
NAME posted this yesterday on their FB page:

North American Midway Entertainment is thrilled to announce the premier of the new Super Ferris Wheel at the South Carolina State Fair from October 9th – October 20th, 2019. The new Ferris Wheel towers above the midway at a breathtaking 150 feet or 46 meters. The wheel is manufactured in Europe by Ronald Bussink of Professional Rides AG and travels on 20 tractor trailer loads. This Rolls Royce of Ferris Wheels features 36 climate-controlled gondolas that comfortably seats 4 to 6 guest per gondola and provides luxurious and smooth rides coupled with unparalleled views of the fair and Columbia. The spectacular LED light design at night can be seen for miles across the South Carolina Landscape.

The Super Ferris Wheel is coined the “150 Celebration Wheel” for The South Carolina State Fair to help commemorate and in conjunction with the Fair’s 150th Anniversary

you can click to see the photo

72633945_10159568817223084_423102682937425920_o.jpg (996kb) downloaded 64 time(s).
Tornado
Wednesday, October 9, 2019 11:10:02 PM
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

NAME posted this yesterday on their FB page:

North American Midway Entertainment is thrilled to announce the premier of the new Super Ferris Wheel at the South Carolina State Fair from October 9th – October 20th, 2019. The new Ferris Wheel towers above the midway at a breathtaking 150 feet or 46 meters. The wheel is manufactured in Europe by Ronald Bussink of Professional Rides AG and travels on 20 tractor trailer loads. This Rolls Royce of Ferris Wheels features 36 climate-controlled gondolas that comfortably seats 4 to 6 guest per gondola and provides luxurious and smooth rides coupled with unparalleled views of the fair and Columbia. The spectacular LED light design at night can be seen for miles across the South Carolina Landscape.

The Super Ferris Wheel is coined the “150 Celebration Wheel” for The South Carolina State Fair to help commemorate and in conjunction with the Fair’s 150th Anniversary

you can click to see the photo

72633945_10159568817223084_423102682937425920_o.jpg (996kb) downloaded 64 time(s).

Pretty much the same wheel RCS has...
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:21:43 AM

I think I saw those up for sale (or still up for sale) and they are replacing with Freak Outs and that new Star Dancer.

Think the Polar, Euro, and 4 abreast may be in Little Rock? Maybe somebody can confirm.

They were in Little Rock as the international unit plays that spot now.
BeauceCarnavalMan
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:22:49 AM

They are replacing the old KMG Fireballs not the Freak Outs.
BeauceCarnavalMan