olediggerguy
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:14:20 PM
Whats going on with the BIG R playing a string of dates this spring in Texas????? I don't think they have ever been out west during this time of year...have they??? They usually are up in NY this time of year...Are they giving up their Northeast dates...and going to concentrate more and more out west??
bigjlh
Tuesday, April 16, 2019 9:12:32 PM
weather could be a factor,dfw.area is iirc.is 7th largest metro area in us.lot of huge metro area,s.thnx bigjlh.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:50:30 AM
Yeah, they could be just moving more that way all the time after they built a route for the fall. You didn't say, but figure its the blue unit?

The northeast is packed with shows isn't it in the spring, I know the population is high up there, but with all the new headaches of taxes and fees some leaders up there wanting to raise more money and the threat of cool/bad weather it might just be the best move.

And yes lots of growth in the south all over, our area here in the Upstate of SC has exploded with growth and still going. A good show who can find a lot could make some money here, its not going to be a state fair, but still some spring money.
olediggerguy
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 10:45:38 AM
I've lived up here my hole life...and while the spring was NEVER the nicest time of the year...It has gotten considerably worse over the years.It keeps stretching longer and longer till sometime in June. Only then can you count on some fairly stable ..consistent weather.

He doesn't have any real BIG spots up this way any more, and I wouldn't be surprised if the move south and west continues more and more in the coming years.

Also..good point..T/BOLT..the reaching and grabbing into EVERYONES pocket by our esteemed elected officials is ongoing..and growing exponentially up here. Its getting harder and harder to make a go of it around these parts....