SHOWMEN'S MARKETPLACE - CLASSIFIED ADS

Click here to learn how YOU can advertise in the Showmen's Marketplace.

Home | News | Marketplace & Classifieds | Photo Galleries | Advertise | Contact Us
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline thunderbolt85  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2019 10:55:40 AM(UTC)
thunderbolt85

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Thinking about the discussion on Strates/NAME double decker MGR's, wanted to see if we could discuss some other models.

I know we had two on our show, a 3 abreast AH racked in an old furniture van and the center was pulled behind that trailer (most likely not legal then or now). Then we had a 2 abreast MGR for the second unit racked in a straight truck with the center also pulled behind that truck. I believe the 2 abreast was a Cheftan......? Did I get that right? Had the Indian head scenery on the rounding boards.

So does anyone know about Wade's big MGR and Deggeller's big one. How many loads, I am figuring at least two if not more, set up/tear down time, amount of crew, etc.

Any other information on any MGR's or special unique racking?
Sponsor
Offline Tornado  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 28, 2019 5:45:23 PM(UTC)
Tornado

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 85 post(s)
I don’t know the history of Wades 4-abreast (50 foot I believe) carousel, but I believe Deggeller’ s is a 4-abreast 50 foot Chance Grand Carousel. Reithoffer has the someone as Deggeller’ s and it moves on/in: trailer mounted center load (18 to 20 foot trailer) and three 28 foot van loads.
If my memory serves me correctly I thought I read somewhere that the owner of the old CVS shows (Floyd) worked with Chance on designing and building the first 4-abreast 50 foot Grand Carousel (and the same for the Chance Giant Wheel). The 4-abreast that CVS had I believe is now on NAME, though I’m NOT 100% on that.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed