thunderbolt85
Tuesday, March 5, 2019 7:09:38 AM
Was reading the story on the front page about the fair and it is really a nice fair for sure. I have been 2 or 3 times over the years and always enjoyed the fair, however the parking and traffic is tough at times.

I believe Big A has always had the contract except for the first year, which was Strates I believe that first year.

The first year I went was back in early 90s and Big A didn't disappoint. They had the Giant Wheel, Century Wheel, and smaller standard wheel, the Sky Wheel was on the backlot, didn't see the Diver although they still had them back then. I also remember the Mack Discotek, Swiss Bobs, and Flying Bobs along a coaster and many other major and kiddie rides.

They have always booked in great rides as well, saw the Evolution or Revolution there once, seen some of Conklin's/NAME's equipment in there too.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:09:19 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Was reading the story on the front page about the fair and it is really a nice fair for sure. I have been 2 or 3 times over the years and always enjoyed the fair, however the parking and traffic is tough at times.

I believe Big A has always had the contract except for the first year, which was Strates I believe that first year.

The first year I went was back in early 90s and Big A didn't disappoint. They had the Giant Wheel, Century Wheel, and smaller standard wheel, the Sky Wheel was on the backlot, didn't see the Diver although they still had them back then. I also remember the Mack Discotek, Swiss Bobs, and Flying Bobs along a coaster and many other major and kiddie rides.

They have always booked in great rides as well, saw the Evolution or Revolution there once, seen some of Conklin's/NAME's equipment in there too.

Vivona's have played it as long as I can remember even going back to the old fairgrounds on Dorchester RD.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com