Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, September 9, 2018 2:25:50 PM
So what’s the difference between a Super Loops and a Ring of Fire. I’ve read the design of the Ring of Fire is virtually identical to the Super Loops. I’ve seen some carnivals sell their Super Loops and get a Ring of Fire. Is there a difference. I do remember the Super Loops seemed to be a lot louder than the Ring. Other than that, what would the difference be? I always liked the theming of the Super Loops.
JustinJames
Sunday, September 9, 2018 2:51:55 PM
Racking and such is a little different. RofF had lights under the loading decks as the Loop did not. Thicker axle plates along the inertia ring and other minor updates.
JustinJames
Sunday, September 9, 2018 2:53:00 PM
Racking and such is a little different. RofF had lights under the loading decks as the Loop did not. Thicker axle plates along the inertia ring and other minor updates. Another biggie was Larson eventually came up with the hydraulic locking hook at the top eliminating the need to carry tools to the top when climbing.
thunderbolt85
Monday, September 10, 2018 7:14:16 AM
The lights changed as well, no more arrow lights with the old style bulbs (miss that). They went to the turbo lights and just blocks of lights all around.

I get that everyone wants LED, but wish someone would do the arrows again with LED's and put the old name back on it.
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, September 10, 2018 11:01:24 AM
Yeah that old style look is really cool. Not that the Ring of Fire look is bad, I just like that old Super Loops look better. The arrows were really cool also, but sounds like the Ring of Fire is more user friendly.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, September 10, 2018 9:13:33 PM
Coleman Bros put Dennys LEDs on their Ring about 3 years ago and renamed it Super Loop.
Astro85
  •  Astro85
  • 56.96% (Neutral)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, September 10, 2018 9:29:12 PM
I looked the ride up after reading your post. Very cool. Thanks for the information. I appreciate everyone’s input on the thread. Thanks 😀😀😀