mgr man
  •  mgr man
  • 63.12% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, December 18, 2017 7:21:19 PM
The Canfield,Ohio fair signed Reithoffer Shows to play the fair for 3 years,replacing Bates Bros. They will be coming from the State Fair of West Virginia. I will not have to leave town to see a big show.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, December 19, 2017 8:28:45 PM

Maybe you will be lucky enough to get the Dutch wheel.
RodB
boltz
Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:15:24 PM
They will get the Dutch Wheel

Stop complaining...Nobody cares anyway!!
IndianaTED
Thursday, January 4, 2018 8:24:12 AM
Originally Posted by: mgr man 

The Canfield,Ohio fair signed Reithoffer Shows to play the fair for 3 years,replacing Bates Bros. They will be coming from the State Fair of West Virginia. I will not have to leave town to see a big show.

Happy for you...Coincidentally, in 2007, Reithoffer came to our small town local 4th of July Fest to fill in a spot because our regular Show suddenly shut down with little notice, like ten weeks prior to the event. And yes, we too got the Dutch Wheel, as well as another four-trailer piece, the Tornado. They made like a 700-800 mile jump to come here, but they were coming this way anyway, because shortly after our spot they were playing a major fair in Missouri.

I'll never forget that we got one of America's premier Shows, a signature ride, and Pal Fontana, once upon a time in a small Indiana town. Still to this day, I don't know that they ever have played another Indiana spot other than ours?

Enjoy the Show.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Friday, January 5, 2018 7:00:17 AM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

Happy for you...Coincidentally, in 2007, Reithoffer came to our small town local 4th of July Fest to fill in a spot because our regular Show suddenly shut down with little notice, like ten weeks prior to the event. And yes, we too got the Dutch Wheel, as well as another four-trailer piece, the Tornado. They made like a 700-800 mile jump to come here, but they were coming this way anyway, because shortly after our spot they were playing a major fair in Missouri.

I'll never forget that we got one of America's premier Shows, a signature ride, and Pal Fontana, once upon a time in a small Indiana town. Still to this day, I don't know that they ever have played another Indiana spot other than ours?

Enjoy the Show.

I know years ago they used to pack them in at the Piedmont Interstate Fair, this is a one week fair and they jumped out of NC on Sunday and opened on Monday, but they still brought some big pieces. I can remember the Dutch Wheel, Flitzer, Rainbow or Tornado, one of their music rides, and good mix of majors and specs.

Not so much now, the Dutch Wheel and Flitzer don't come anymore or any Huss rides, but still a decent show in there.