thunderbolt85
Friday, December 18, 2015 7:10:12 AM
Really happy to see how Deggeller is growing, and its great they are buying some really special pieces like the Flizter, Enterprise, and Hang Ten.

Now, if they could come back to this area close by so I could visit the midway again that would be great.
Tornado
Friday, December 18, 2015 1:46:40 PM
Speaking of special pieces, are they still using the Huss Top Spin II they picked up?
Did not see it in York this year and did not see any posts/pictures of it...
looked to be majorly over weight, the center load that is!
thunderbolt85
Friday, December 18, 2015 1:55:58 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Speaking of special pieces, are they still using the Huss Top Spin II they picked up?
Did not see it in York this year and did not see any posts/pictures of it...
looked to be majorly over weight, the center load that is!

Its still on their website (no picture though).
Tornado
Friday, December 18, 2015 2:48:32 PM
And from the picture that Flitzer coaster came from the pier/park in Ocean City NJ.
Still 2 other Flitzer coasters in NJ as well:
1 in Wild Wood
1 in Point Pleasant

Wonder what Deggeller is doing with the Wild Cat coaster they got from the park in Keansburg NJ?
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, December 20, 2015 1:20:12 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

And from the picture that Flitzer coaster came from the pier/park in Ocean City NJ.
Still 2 other Flitzer coasters in NJ as well:
1 in Wild Wood
1 in Point Pleasant

Wonder what Deggeller is doing with the Wild Cat coaster they got from the park in Keansburg NJ?

Don Deggeller told me he thought the Wild Cat was too many trailers and did not want to fool with it.
ridejocky
Sunday, December 20, 2015 2:04:14 AM
Do you work for Deggller?
Ride the Zipper?
ridejocky
Sunday, December 20, 2015 2:29:15 AM
D
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Monday, December 21, 2015 7:04:27 AM
Originally Posted by: Scott 

Don Deggeller told me he thought the Wild Cat was too many trailers and did not want to fool with it.

Understandable, the Wild Cat is what 9 loads? Drew bought that one from Conklin and to my knowledge he only sets it up at the North Ga State fair. But have seen a video of it and it looks sharp.
David
  •  David
  • 52.02% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, December 21, 2015 4:36:45 PM
How many trailers can a Flitzer fit on and I guess will be quite abit of work to build up compared to a modern travelling coaster?
OUT NOW! Amusement Rides European Special 3: Oberhausen-Sterkrade (Germany) DVD
Trailer and information can be found on the website
http://www.amusementridesdvd.co.uk 
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 7:20:32 AM
I believe the Flitzer is only 3 loads, I know Reithoffer used to move into the Piedmont interstate fair on Sunday and would have half of it up by afternoon, those guys worked hard on those jumps.
Tornado
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:53:34 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Understandable, the Wild Cat is what 9 loads? Drew bought that one from Conklin and to my knowledge he only sets it up at the North Ga State fair. But have seen a video of it and it looks sharp.

Thought is was setup there year round?
Wades Wild Cat moves on 10 loads,so yes lots of loads to deal with....
Tornado
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:54:52 AM

Thanks Scott.
Tornado
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:59:25 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I believe the Flitzer is only 3 loads, I know Reithoffer used to move into the Piedmont interstate fair on Sunday and would have half of it up by afternoon, those guys worked hard on those jumps.

Yes both of Reithoffer's move on 3 trailers: a 40 to 45 foot straight van load (frame, jack stands), a 28 foot pup straight van load and a 28 foot pup open load for the track.
Tornado
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:02:45 AM
Originally Posted by: David 

How many trailers can a Flitzer fit on and I guess will be quite abit of work to build up compared to a modern travelling coaster?

Reithoffer does all by hand NO crane involved....
Tornado
Tuesday, December 22, 2015 10:05:29 AM

Scott any idea if the Huss Top Spin II is still being used? Was not running when I saw it in York in 2014. And the center load looked pretty heavy!
Thanks