skydiver77
  •  skydiver77
  • 66.38% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Friday, September 12, 2014 2:24:24 AM
I saw a show's Paratrooper on youtube a while back (I forget the show's name) and after it got done running forwards, what do I see?, it ran backwards! [:0] I never knew that a Paratrooper could run backwards?! I thought it would damage the gears or motor, whichever way it's set up to run. So, my question is, what shows out there (if any of them do) run their Paratrooper in both directions? I myself have never ridden a 'trooper that runs backwards. I can't imagine what it would feel like, it might give more of a thrill running backwards but I don't know as I've never ridden one going that way. All the ones I've ridden have gone forwards & that's it.
thunderbolt85
Friday, September 12, 2014 7:33:43 AM
When I worked for Nova Exposition we ran ours backwards, I think (not sure) that Reithoffer did as well when they had one back in the 80s.
JustinJames
Friday, September 12, 2014 8:33:26 AM
Ours is made to run both... but it has the rare chain and sprocket drive for the tires which can be very jumpy so it honestly scare me even to run it forward. Lol We run our forward only... also with such a lame hourly capacity it would not make us any money running both ways.
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, September 12, 2014 6:26:54 PM
All the troopers I have ever been around ran both direction. I am aware of a couple of states that only wanted them to run in the forward direction. A few that I am aware of used to eat tires but most ran smooth in either direction.
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
thunderbolt85
Friday, September 12, 2014 8:43:39 PM
I remember one time on Hardins show (visiting) trooper was running and started banging real loud and off come one of the drive wheels, motor and all. Landed on ground next to scrambler no one hurt though glad didnt hit anyone.
powersbt
  •  powersbt
  • 52.56% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, September 12, 2014 9:50:56 PM
It runs both directions. The main thing that you need to be aware of when running in Reverse is not to slow it down too fast. If it gets slowed down too fast, you run the risk of people's heads hitting the back of the Bonnets. Saw a few people get off scratching their heads afterwards because of it.
What do you get if you crossed a Merry Mixer with a Berry Go Round??
3 Possible answers:
1. A Merry Go Round
2. A Berry Mixer
3. Jam
Patrick McGuire
Friday, September 12, 2014 10:35:07 PM
Christiansen amusements in Southern California runs theirs in both directions very fast. Just rode on it two weekends ago.
Patrick McGuire
Stockton, CA
pmcguire16@comcast.net
SideWinder
Saturday, September 13, 2014 5:54:46 PM
It's a better ride backwards than forwards....IMHO!!!!
rideguyray
Saturday, September 13, 2014 6:26:17 PM
Shaw & Sons down here in MD runs their trooper in both directions, pretty sweet ride, they allow single riders as well

Jolly shows also runs the Navy Seal trooper backwards, but no single rides, it has an insane LED package from dennys
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
ringmaster
Sunday, September 14, 2014 7:18:27 PM
Miss Ester's ground mount (converted gas spitfire) always ran forward.
jb
  •  jb
  • 51.84% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, September 15, 2014 6:47:51 PM
The older troopers (converted spitfires) wouldn't run backwards as far as I know..
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, September 16, 2014 1:35:08 PM
When Carter Shows from Ontario Canada had their's they ran it both ways.
BeauceCarnavalMan