TrafficJam
Saturday, February 1, 2014 1:46:04 PM
When looking at aluminum frame joints at the trade show -- was wondering who you like for good quality and fair pricing (Waterloo, Anchor, etc). Thanks for any recommendations!

Mike
geewizz66
Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:13:22 PM
Originally Posted by: TrafficJam 

When looking at aluminum frame joints at the trade show -- was wondering who you like for good quality and fair pricing (Waterloo, Anchor, etc). Thanks for any recommendations!

Mike

Anchor frames and tops are very expensive but they last. Waterloo is more affordable. It depends on who is moving your equipment and lump is a lump and can turn a Cadillac into a turd no matter what.

Waterloo (I imagine Anchor does too now) can have whatever you want digitally imprinted on the tops which can be very cool but it takes a little longer for production.

I've done business with both but keep returning to Waterloo because they are just easier and more affordable to work with.

Whatever you do, purchase the single halogen fixtures, we hang one up and the other down near the peak and they brighten up the joint AND make's the top "glow" and use very little power. It beats the heck out of moving fluorescent fixtures or light stringers. If your going to Gibtown stop at Showmen's Supplies and ask Mark, Scott or Sondra to show you those fixtures!

Geewizz66
Soda Guy
Saturday, February 1, 2014 10:17:33 PM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

It depends on who is moving your equipment and lump is a lump and can turn a Cadillac into a turd no matter what.

That quote should be on a T shirt. LOLOL

BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:03:40 PM
Originally Posted by: geewizz66 

Anchor frames and tops are very expensive but they last.

True, if you take care of their stuff it last 20 years no problem.

BeauceCarnavalMan
TrafficJam
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 2:56:24 AM
Thanks for the suggestions! See you in Gibtown (if our flight is not delayed by snow today!).
TrafficJam
Thursday, February 6, 2014 10:57:40 PM
Great idea on the single halogen fixtures! I checked those out today at Showmen's Supply. Very bright.