dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:09:31 AM
The second fair we attended during our visit to the Carolinas was the East Carolina Agricultural Fair in Florence, SC. Amusements of America had the midway. Weather was decent, temperatures near 80 and dry. Another nice fair. Some things of note, this was the first fair I've attended where there was security and a metal detector at the gate. I also found it interesting that the only way in to the grounds after security was to walk through the exhibit building.

There were a lot of things on the lot so I won't give a complete list. Rides included Wave Swinger, Wacky Worm, Ring Of Fire, Himalaya, Family Swinger, 4 Hamptons in a row, Rock & Roll, Fire Ball, Giant Wheel, Banzai and many other rides. Lots of food trailers and games too.

The fair had quite a few side shows/attractions including Bumble Bee Monster Truck Rides, Bob Bohm's Family Entertainment Stage, Lance Gifford's Magic/Hypnosis, One World Show, Eudora Farms Petting Zoo, Camel Rides, Pony Rides, Dairy Milking Display, Rosaire's Royal Racers Pig Racing and more.

Click Here for pictures. 

On a side note, I believe all of the rides were Amusements of America. If someone sees something that was booked in from another show, please let me know so I can make changes to the photo descriptions. Thanks

Mark H
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:44:08 PM
I did not get to visit this year. the fair is in a rebuilding mode still. the reason for going thru the buildings is to increase traffic and show visitors what is there. AofA books all the entertainment and manages the gounds. there wq is off I-95 south of the grounds, maybe 12-15 miles at most. Did they have the big coaster there this year?
dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, October 14, 2012 8:54:24 PM
Interesting information Britt. I did notice that at the side shows they would announce that the show was sponsored by Amusements of America. As far as the big coaster, that was not there. The only coaster was the Wacky Worm unless you count the Go Gator.
Mark H
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, October 14, 2012 9:41:23 PM
in the past the buildings were ghost towns and not a lot in there. we did the same at one time to get people past our exhibitors. some fairs in nc still do that especially the smaller ones. Whiteville did that also. last year the mouse coaster was in there and they have had the avalanche in there before they sold it. John Thomas Vivona has done a good job improving the grounds.
thunderbolt85
Monday, October 15, 2012 7:45:12 AM
Does AofA still have their big Music Express (Mack), is it still sitting at WQ, or did they sell it.

I know they aren't using it, just curious of they still had it though.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 15, 2012 7:57:26 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Does AofA still have their big Music Express (Mack), is it still sitting at WQ, or did they sell it.

I know they aren't using it, just curious of they still had it though.

was in wq last time I talked to Dominic

thunderbolt85
Monday, October 15, 2012 10:10:09 AM
thanks Britt,

Maybe that's another one that will come back out one day, when times are better with fuel/income.
Erik9976
Monday, October 15, 2012 10:32:25 AM
Who'd they sell the Avalanche too. I thought they were just booking it on NAME.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 15, 2012 11:45:20 AM
Originally Posted by: Erik9976 

Who'd they sell the Avalanche too. I thought they were just booking it on NAME.

I was under the impression NAME bought it.
thunderbolt85
Monday, October 15, 2012 12:42:54 PM
I think NAME did buy it. I think they also had their Cliff Hanger, Pumpkin Wheel (kiddie), and some other rides for sale as well.

Guess they wanted to downsize a little bit, or maybe to buy some more equipment.
rideguyray
Monday, October 15, 2012 12:43:20 PM
Originally Posted by: britt 

I was under the impression NAME bought it.

yes, AOA sold the Avalanche to NAME last winter, as far as i know it was bought specifically for the international unit and calgary, edmonton, and toronto
not sure if it stays there all year or not

Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
Matt C.
Monday, October 15, 2012 1:37:10 PM
Nice pics Mark. The graphics on the Musik Express look great!

Thanks for posting.
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, October 15, 2012 2:22:23 PM
Originally Posted by: rideguyray 

yes, AOA sold the Avalanche to NAME last winter, as far as i know it was bought specifically for the international unit and calgary, edmonton, and toronto
not sure if it stays there all year or not

NAME had it redone with new trains and new braking system. Looks nice all done up. Im sure it will be used before and after the big dates in Canada.
BeauceCarnavalMan
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, October 15, 2012 4:12:40 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I think NAME did buy it. I think they also had their Cliff Hanger, Pumpkin Wheel (kiddie), and some other rides for sale as well.

Guess they wanted to downsize a little bit, or maybe to buy some more equipment.

Pumpkin wheel is Mcknight's, not aofa. they booked with aofa for many years.