dccradio
  •  dccradio
  • 60.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Saturday, August 18, 2012 12:12:23 PM
Last week, my wife and I were on vacation visiting family in New York state. While there we spent several days at the Franklin County Fair in Malone, NY. Amusements Of America has the midway with book in rides from S & S Amusements and possibly other companies too.

Here is a ride list, there were numerous games and food stands/trailers almost too numerous to mention here but many are pictured in the albums below for those interested in that.

Rides:

Zipper (S&S Amusements)
Flying Bobs
Tilt A Whirl
Ram Rods Bumper Cars
Trapeze
Century Wheel
Pharaoh's Fury
Zero Gravity
Hog Wild
Dog Ride
Wind Jammer
Merry Go Round
1001 Nachts
Tea Cups
Dizzy Dragons
Dragon Wagon
Gravitron (S&S Amusements)
Slide
Crystal Lil's Fun House
Hampton
Eli Wheel
Dinosaurs
Tornado

Midway And Infield Pictures Click Here. 

Tractor Pull Pictures Click Here. 

Demolition Derby Pictures Click Here. 

Harness Racing Pictures Click Here. 

Home Town Parade Pictures Click Here. 

I also have a general group with all of the pictures I took at the fair. Which includes some food pictures, animal pictures and misc. pictures not included in the above albums. Click Here  to view those pictures.
Mark H
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:08:58 PM
Great trip report !! Nice to see pics of games, food, and straight sales too !! OH....cant forget the chicken pics !!
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Saturday, August 18, 2012 11:24:17 PM
I like pics of the total fair experience. might see something to use at our fair. that is how we improve, stealing ideas from others. lol
korny_carny
Sunday, August 19, 2012 1:24:08 PM
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 20, 2012 1:27:23 PM
I know their Swiss Bobs is gone, but I wonder if the Disco. and Hully Gully are still sitting at WQ? Maybe I missed someone saying what happened to them on here. You know in addition to "Sleeping with the Enemy", they were part of a Miami Vice episode one time as well. It was the one with Phil Collins named "Phil the Shill". Had some good shots of the rides including Diver, Tempest, Trooper, Tilt, and a music ride called the "Super Cat"(?), Gravitron, F. Wheel, and Scrambler.
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 20, 2012 3:30:43 PM
Always look forward to seeing A of A every year in Florence SC!
swooper
Monday, August 20, 2012 7:25:04 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I know their Swiss Bobs is gone, but I wonder if the Disco. and Hully Gully are still sitting at WQ? Maybe I missed someone saying what happened to them on here. You know in addition to "Sleeping with the Enemy", they were part of a Miami Vice episode one time as well. It was the one with Phil Collins named "Phil the Shill". Had some good shots of the rides including Diver, Tempest, Trooper, Tilt, and a music ride called the "Super Cat"(?), Gravitron, F. Wheel, and Scrambler.

i know the disco was sold , i don't know about the gully i suspect it is gone also.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 7:34:56 AM
Yeah, hate to hear that, wish they had kept each one and brought one out at a time to change things around. I bet they sold their 3 trailer music express as well. They had a double tier dark ride as well back in the 80s, which I guess they sold, pretty nice looking piece.

I was reading some old "Carnival" mags last night and noticed they had an "explorer" at one time, and a Huss Rainbow.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 8:47:49 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah, hate to hear that, wish they had kept each one and brought one out at a time to change things around. I bet they sold their 3 trailer music express as well. They had a double tier dark ride as well back in the 80s, which I guess they sold, pretty nice looking piece.

the big music express was in wq in Florence. they do not use it anymore unless they recently sold it. not many shows mooving the 3 trailer pieces.

thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:24:02 AM
Yeah I know Britt, its a shame. But some still have a few. Strates has his Music Express which is 3 loads I think, and he still moves the Himi, and Thunderbolt as well. Course Wade has his, Reithoffer, Cammack, and a few others. Which reminds me a few years ago (bout 4) J&J came to the Upper State Fair and brought this ground mounted Music Express in (no center trailer), it was an older piece but haven't ever seen it again on his midway, I wonder if it was booked or he bought it and then decided not use it.
Personally I think the big ones will make a comeback one day, just when the time is right.
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:40:02 AM
that was j&j's himi. he bought that one and it is a mack just like Wade's Hitin 2000 except it is a ground mount. last I heard it was in wq in Florida.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 22, 2012 1:11:44 PM
ok, thanks for the info britt.