indianacarnie
Saturday, January 29, 2011 7:52:48 PM
Come on now ........... in my post it stopped the great director Alfred Hitchcocks" name!!!!!!
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
squirrel
Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:12:20 PM
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Come on now ........... in my post it stopped the great director Alfred Hitch*s" name!!!!!!

It's a bug in the filter - because it does not check for 'whole' words - just matches any part of the word characters that are in the filter... I'm working with the developers on this - sorry :(

squirrel
Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:38:02 AM
I think we have a solution - **** is filtered but Hitchcock is not - Still testing the feature though and making necessary changes to the remaining words in the filter.
indianacarnie
Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:17:44 PM
Sorry for the hysterics [oops] , but was so happy to find anything by Mr. Hitchcock for free haha, that I may have sounded way too strident. Thank you for the fix!
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
squirrel
Sunday, January 30, 2011 1:08:43 PM
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Sorry for the hysterics [oops] , but was so happy to find anything by Mr. Hitchcock for free haha, that I may have sounded way too strident. Thank you for the fix!

No problem - I had forgotten it was an issue with all the other ones we were dealing with and pushed the developers a little to get a solution -- they got us a valid answer and I still have to make some changes around here to support it but at least we have a fix 🙂
JustJeff
Saturday, February 5, 2011 12:33:45 PM
I noticed that a long time ago when I typed the word Hancock--H a n c o c k in case it won't let the word through..LOL

I know a lot of people misspell words intentionally to get the cuss words through ,but I just use words like Heck and Darn.You can usually get your point across without resorting to potty mouth behaviour...jeff
squirrel
Saturday, February 5, 2011 1:01:00 PM
Usually I can too, but sometimes I feel the need to express the severity of my emotion that way... Too many years in the business gave me a pretty foul mouth for a long time... I had a quota for the f-word for years...

Sometime soon I will get the rest of the filter fixed up so it behaves properly. I just haven't had the time lately.