JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 5:28:35 AM
Getting any dialog going about football here lately is a lot like pulling teeth,but I will give it the old college try once again.The worst that will happen is few responses,and the inevitable clever comment by Pinetar.[;)]

Perhaps a new thread might work.Mike can keep the original "MCW Pro Football Pickem" thread going and update it as he sees fit and anyone who chooses to discuss teams or games can add to this(Or Not!}

At any rate,My Bucs are doing well this year,but I don't want to jinx them by discussing them,so my interest this week is on the AFC South...One of the most interesting games this week to me anyway is Monday Nights Indy?Houston matchup....

While Tennessee is leading that division at 5-2,Should Houston pull off a victory they would have the equivilant of a two game lead over Indy because of division wins..If Houston wins and Tennessee should happen to lose(highly unlikely) well then Houston would be leading that division because Tennessee would have a third loss due to the way the bye weeks fell....

The point of all this is why this is such an important game for Houston (and obviously all the other teams involved)..

Looking forward to Sunday (and Monday)....any one care to comment on this topic or any team,please do so...If not I will just carry on by myself [:D]

Nick,I will save you some time buddy---"Who Dey"---There now you don't have to waste any of that valuable time...LOL[}:)]

Have a good week everyone..Football fans and non-fans alike...jeff
Sponsor
WestCoastPat
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:30:25 AM
Can anyone tell me who is in first place in the NFC West? Thanks. 🙂
WestCoastPat-Proud Mark of all things Carnival. STILL a "FAN BOY"-and proud of it.
Soda Guy
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 10:54:01 AM
Jeff I don't think Indy has anyone left to throw passes to. Although Cincy isn't using the 2 loud mouths.

But it has been a fun year from what I've seen and just this past week Dallas lost again and things can't be all bad when they are losing. I did hear a good one on ESPN the experts were talking about how much losing Romo was going to hurt Dallas and someone popped off and said they had only won one game with him so how much will he really be missed?




JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:16:16 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by WestCoastPat

Can anyone tell me who is in first place in the NFC West? Thanks. :)



Seattle is the current leader with a 4 and 2 record...jeff
JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:19:58 PM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by Soda Guy

Jeff I don't think Indy has anyone left to throw passes to. Although Cincy isn't using the 2 loud mouths.

But it has been a fun year from what I've seen and just this past week Dallas lost again and things can't be all bad when they are losing. I did hear a good one on ESPN the experts were talking about how much losing Romo was going to hurt Dallas and someone popped off and said they had only won one game with him so how much will he really be missed?







Yeah Dallas is usually good for some chuckles,but I am enjoying watching the "Ironman " Brett Favre making a fool of himself....He should have got out while he still had some dignaty left....Between the Vikings playing and The Scandal with the text messaging,sure makes for some good comic fodder....jeff
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:07:51 PM
JustJeff
  •  JustJeff
  • 67.9% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, November 2, 2010 2:41:34 AM
Quote:

quote:


Originally posted by JustJeff

Getting any dialog going about football here lately is a lot like pulling teeth,but I will give it the old college try once again.The worst that will happen is few responses,and the inevitable clever comment by Pinetar.[;)]

Perhaps a new thread might work.Mike can keep the original "MCW Pro Football Pickem" thread going and update it as he sees fit and anyone who chooses to discuss teams or games can add to this(Or Not!}

At any rate,My Bucs are doing well this year,but I don't want to jinx them by discussing them,so my interest this week is on the AFC South...One of the most interesting games this week to me anyway is Monday Nights Indy?Houston matchup....

While Tennessee is leading that division at 5-2,Should Houston pull off a victory they would have the equivilant of a two game lead over Indy because of division wins..If Houston wins and Tennessee should happen to lose(highly unlikely) well then Houston would be leading that division because Tennessee would have a third loss due to the way the bye weeks fell....

The point of all this is why this is such an important game for Houston (and obviously all the other teams involved)..

Looking forward to Sunday (and Monday)....any one care to comment on this topic or any team,please do so...If not I will just carry on by myself [:D]

Nick,I will save you some time buddy---"Who Dey"---There now you don't have to waste any of that valuable time...LOL[}:)]

Have a good week everyone..Football fans and non-fans alike...jeff



Re- Houston beating Indy,um ah-never mind`[B)]...lkl(laughing kinda low)----jeff