JustinJames
  •  JustinJames
  • 85.68% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, September 26, 2010 5:40:30 AM
Got the chance to finally see Matt McDonagh's Big Rock Amusements this past week. It's amazing how much progress has been made in just one short season. The show looked absolutely fantastic. Rides were 100 percent lit and very clean. Help looked good and clean with nice new uniforms. The Expo Wheel that I saw a year ago not looking to impressive was freshly painted and every bulb burning. And bar none the most beautiful Merry Go Round on the road today. The show just simply looked great. I'm very happy for them... I haven't seen Matt quite so cheerful since my first year working with him 8 years ago. Keep up the good work Matt, Kelly, Brad and Lou!!!
ladderman
Sunday, September 26, 2010 12:32:04 PM
Did matt buy out Jules and beck to start this show?
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:45:12 PM
DickHefner
Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:02:19 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

Odd name for a business.

lol as soon as I read that, "Crack Cocaine" became the subliminal message being thrown at me. odd name indeed Pinetar.

*edited to say Im not bashing, I just saw Pinetars post and had an episode of my own, no one needs to hurl accusations of drug references or ignorant insults in my direction.
In memory of Kenny Maple Jr 1973-2010
Hambone
  •  Hambone
  • 55.16% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:26:26 PM
I agree Pinetar
Alabama 18 time National Champions Roll Tide
detroit121
Monday, September 27, 2010 3:20:16 AM
YEA, IS A BIT OUTTA THE NORM FOR A BUSINESS NAME I GUESS....I THOUGHT THE SAME THING.
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
cme
  •  cme
  • 50.72% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, September 27, 2010 1:42:30 PM
he must want a back up plan if his deal goes south
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, September 27, 2010 2:17:51 PM
i don't know the guy but best of luck to him.
i'm sure he has his reason's for picking the name.

with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
circusguy
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 3:52:17 AM
The name comes from the name of Matt's hometown in Michigan. The town is Chesning, which is the Indian name for Big Rock.
detroit121
Tuesday, September 28, 2010 4:42:13 AM

THATS KINDA COOL THEN.....That makes sense,i hope he does well.

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by circusguy

The name comes from the name of Matt's hometown in Michigan. The town is Chesning, which is the Indian name for Big Rock.

babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Skywheelrider
Monday, October 11, 2010 11:34:47 AM
I believe Big Rock is also the name of the first school Matt's kids attended, too. So that's another connection to the name.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain