Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:28:10 PM
Do you subscribe to Carnival Magazine?
2ndgencarnie
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:31:02 PM
I got my subscription a few years back while at a trade show, paid and never recieved the 1st issue, kind of p***ed me off. I have been thinking of trying again.

I do subscibe to the "Circus Report", I'd say I'm one of the few here that can say that.....
BeauceCarnavalMan
Wednesday, December 16, 2009 2:58:23 PM
I just signed up
BeauceCarnavalMan
bill m
Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:37:22 AM
Its the next best thing to the X-Billboard or should I say the X-A.B
Bill M
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, December 17, 2009 4:38:16 AM
wow Bill, showing your age - it changed to AB in 1962! Only the oldtimers or ex-employees like myself heard it called "The Billboard".
Sad sad that it is gone. I like Carnival for the routes that they publish (still too many shows have secret routes) and show listings, but there isn't much real news in it, unless you like the history stuff (which I do).
britt
  •  britt
  • 97.96% (Exalted)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:21:32 AM
Carnival has come a long way from the days of a black and white publication. nothing in color back then. It is a nice looking publication but lacks things that was in the old AB. Ads, weekly routes, stories that the carnivals wanted published, etc in the AB. I really miss Tom Powell's articles but he is doing some for the OABA. Sue represents a publication called Amusement Today that is getting closer to the old AB. Carnival fills a different niche with more articles about the history and rides that a carnival carries.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:32:01 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bill m

Did they really stop printing the Billboard with the carnival section? No wonder I can't find it.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:45:32 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bill m

Did they really stop printing the Billboard with the carnival section? No wonder I can't find it.

About 5 or more years ago....

I got my dad a "Carnival" script....He's only had to call a every other month to ask where this months issue is...
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:49:40 AM
i dont get carnival magazine but i did buy the ab from the time i was kid until they discontinued it. anytime i pick up a magazine or newspaper i still start reading from the back, old habits die hard.
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, December 17, 2009 7:33:24 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by john777

i dont get carnival magazine but i did buy the ab from the time i was kid until they discontinued it. anytime i pick up a magazine or newspaper i still start reading from the back, old habits die hard.

I do the exact same thing. When I was in school my teachers told my parents to make me read 20 minutes a night. My dad would toss me the AB and say "learn something boy". Ever since then I read back cover to front cover.....
Bowler Roller
Thursday, December 17, 2009 8:47:47 AM
I often read newspapers and magazines from back to front, as well.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:58:49 PM
i get it, good stuff in there

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

I got my subscription a few years back while at a trade show, paid and never recieved the 1st issue, kind of p***ed me off. I have been thinking of trying again.

I do subscibe to the "Circus Report", I'd say I'm one of the few here that can say that.....

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:00:00 PM
ab, the only magazine where everyone flipped it over and read it from the back -foward
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
indianacarnie
Thursday, December 17, 2009 1:51:24 PM
surely miss it too. especially the spring and summer specials
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:24:44 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

i get it, good stuff in there

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

No doubt about it. Im suprised it's still around but I'm happy it is....