Al Smith
  •  Al Smith
  • 51.14% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Saturday, November 7, 2009 7:44:15 PM
I was just wondering why everything is about the rides, or the ride crews, or the spot at which the rides are workings, or always something to do with the ride......

y not the joints, or where they are roadsiding or what joints are at that spot that the rides are playing......

seems to me to be a carnival warehouse we should also have a forum for the joints......
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Saturday, November 7, 2009 8:17:56 PM
There is alot of "joint" related conversation here, sometimes tooooooooo much IYAM.[}:)]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Al Smith
  •  Al Smith
  • 51.14% (Neutral)
  • Operations Topic Starter
Saturday, November 7, 2009 8:22:36 PM
yeah there is a lot joint conversation here but there is no conversation that is strictly the joints......

i think that there should be a jointy/rides split when it comes to the converations.....
Bowler Roller
Saturday, November 7, 2009 8:49:30 PM
Probably because there are more ride fans than game fans, and because joint operators are generally pretty tight lipped about their operations.
Every crowd has a silver lining - PT Barnum
Larry White
Saturday, November 7, 2009 9:20:02 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Bowler Roller

Probably because there are more ride fans than game fans, and because joint operators are generally pretty tight lipped about their operations.

.........I Never Met One Yet.........

You're Killing Me Harry...........
Thumbs Up, Harry !
JustJeff
Sunday, November 8, 2009 1:33:41 AM
I have seen these types of comments brought up several times over the past few years on here,and this is my take on it..

Yes ,there are more ride fans and workers (old and new) on here than joint owners and workers,but there are still plenty...Many come to mind right off the top of my head.

As for where they are working or roadsiding or whatever,that is simply the competitive edge of the business coming into play..Wlth Joints struggling..(I see this first hand)..they will give out as little information as possible to their competitors..It is easy enough to find spots in this day and age,but the primo sneak spots will be kept quiet by the savvy joint owner..

You will always have your braggarts who never lost a dime at a spot,but is that really what you want??

Usually if you ask a question about a spot or stock or anything related to joints,you will get some responses.

You will never have an equal balance of joint/ride talk...That is just the way it is..

I think these gentlemen (and ladies) do a fair amount of talking considering all I have mentioned...

If anyone wants a website exclusively for joint talk,feel free to start a website..

A lot of the ride talk on here is from fans only,(which I understand Is how Matt started this),And look how it has grown..You try not to fix something that is not broke.

Again I agree that the ratio is off balance,and while I have experianced both sides of the issue(sorry food people,nothing there on my end),I think this site covers a wide area,and as it grows,the joint side may grow with it,just don't expect to much info,from what has always been kind of a less publicly discussed area...
Example-You want the G on certain joints--don't ask here!
Just my opinion on this issue.....jeff
2ndgencarnie
Sunday, November 8, 2009 4:25:49 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 42WLA

There is alot of "joint" related conversation here, sometimes tooooooooo much IYAM.[}:)]

Come on Man.....
Benjibear
Sunday, November 8, 2009 4:59:56 AM
There are more ride fans the joint fans. I have always been interested in rides, and while I think joints are an important part, the rides are alot more interesting. Another thing to consider is how many joints are out there then rides? I bet there are double-triple the amount of joints then rides and are alot more common.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:40:49 AM
Al, get the ball rolling.

Create your topic[8D]
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 8, 2009 6:28:41 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by 2ndgencarnie

Quote:

quote:

Come on Man.....

Just Stirring the pot.[;)]
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 8, 2009 6:32:43 AM
Al, I been barking up that tree for a long time....It was'nt until recently that someguys even started taking pics of the joints...From a safe distance that is.....

Anyone else notice that the "Carnival Fans" have now turned into "Ride Fans"....The joints at a Fair is like the Red Headed Step child.

I also tend to think the most of the ride fans are loners. You'll see all kinds of posts where they go to the "Big Fair" alone. Then complain when there is single rider rules. They also tend to be souvineer seekers when it comes to buying ride tix. They go one the POP days so they can ride every ride but only really ride one, two or three...Then at the end of the day they still have thier armband as a souvineer from the fair.
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 8, 2009 7:30:10 AM
Easier to talk about the great ride they threw-up on than the "benjamin" they got fleeced out of.
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:13:33 AM
In defence of the "ride fans" what can they contribute to this forum about games?

If they made any comments they would get verbally beat down by those "Jointies" that are on here.

That topic should and can only come from those who work on that side of the business.

Why are you waiting on someone on the outside to bring up the topic[?]
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, November 8, 2009 9:00:31 AM
Quote:

quote:

Easier to talk about the great ride they threw-up on than the "benjamin" they got fleeced out of.

LMAO!....You crack me up ! Scott nailed it, i think. Most "fans" dont consider joints to even be part of a "carnival". Heck....back in the "bad/good ole days", rides were set up to attract people to the joints. Ive played spots where there were 5 rides, and 15 games.....lol
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, November 8, 2009 9:33:35 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Quote:

quote:

LMAO!....You crack me up ! Scott nailed it, i think. Most "fans" dont consider joints to even be part of a "carnival". Heck....back in the "bad/good ole days", rides were set up to attract people to the joints. Ive played spots where there were 5 rides, and 15 games.....lol

So true, we play a spot where the games out number the rides three to one also.