carnivalkits
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:07:57 PM
Hi My name is Rich Schmiedecke and I make hard to find parts for modlers. I have a request for the Chance Space Shuttle rocket and can find only one picture on The Flat Joint. If anyone could stear me to a site or send pictures and or dimentions I would really apreciate it. Post here or send to carnivalktis@aol.com

Thanks RIch
carnivalkits
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 5:51:35 PM
Thanks Kris, Are my guess on dimentions about right? 40 long and 8 wide? The one picture of the undercarage will be a great help.

RIch
skydiver77
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:06:03 PM
Is Otterbacher the only traveling carnival with a Chance Space Shuttle? The reason i ask this, the last one i ever saw in person was back in 1992 at Dutch Wonderland up in PA. It looked great and had the outer space music playing on it when it was rocking back & forth.

~Ben
skywheel88
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:37:05 PM
Jerry Germain also has one, I really like the colors on it too;

UserPostedImage
Kenny.

aba
  •  aba
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Wednesday, October 14, 2009 10:24:23 PM
Is there anyway you can give us a price list of your items.
DrNickRiviera995
Thursday, October 15, 2009 4:28:08 AM
I know it's not exact to scale or specs...but an easy way to get a Space Shuttle gondola might be the miniature one that was on the Miniature Hess Trucks last year. I have one and I thought of trying it but don't have the time.

The one at Dutch Wonderland is the only one I've seen recently, they still keep it in great shape. I remember them having one years ago at one of the piers in Ocean City, NJ. I wonder where that one ended up.
carnivalkits
Thursday, October 15, 2009 5:55:32 PM
I make all my stuff from scratch or maybe use a piece or two from things I buy. That is actually why I got into doing this because I could not find something that was realistic enough to fit my requirements. I will look at it thogh to get an idea of how to make the model.

If anyone wants a price list send me an email at carnivalkts@aol.com and I can send you a spreadsheet on Excel. If you do not have Excel let me know what tubs you are interested in and I can give you specific information. Generally I sell them in sets. The lowest cost is Bugly the whale that is I believe 90 cents each. Most of them range from 2 to 4 dollars each and the coasters go for 20 to 22 (dragon wagon, Orient Express one other I can't remember the name of right now. I also have a kiddie coaster little dipper for 5 dollars a car. the newest Pharos Fury is five pieces and sells for 32. All the tubs are made of plastic. I carve them by hand and make a mold then cast them. They are not professional injection moldings but they are good. I get as close as I can by looking at the pictures but sometimes the knife and brain do not comunicate that well. The PF head looks like Tuts brother or that is my story and I am sticking to it, If not satisfied I refund your money less shipping that generally is around 3.50 to the USA. Orders less then 20 I charge 2 dollars for the packing material.

If you always wanted to build a model and I do not have it and I can get the pictures and or dimentions I can generally make it. I will not sell anything I would not put my name on or display on my own layout.

I just am getting a kick out of seeing my stuff on other modelers rides. And I am building up a supply of parts to make my own rides as soon as I get the time.

Rich
FNO Sean
  •  FNO Sean
  • 57.68% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, October 16, 2009 4:54:10 AM
Ya know when racked its a amazing design how all that weight can hang on one side of the hub level without an identical side similar to the Zipper to keep both sides counterweighted.
SideWinder
Friday, October 16, 2009 9:27:19 AM
I remember seeing one when Amusements of Buffalo was in business.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.36% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, October 16, 2009 3:12:29 PM
I'm looking for pics of A of B's Space Shuttle. I have some somewhere. Saw it racked once too, Pike Fair, I think. I think it came out of Fantasy Island when Marty bought the park and sold the show to Gene.
carnivalkits
Friday, October 16, 2009 5:24:58 PM
I would really apreicate any pics you have. It is tough making these parts and getting them accruate without all sides of the ride.

Thanks for looking

Rich

side note do you know how to post pictures to this site? I have tried a few ways but no luck.

SideWinder
carnivalkits
Friday, October 16, 2009 6:06:59 PM
Thanks, I will have to download my tub pictures to a site so they can be displayed.

RIch
2ndgencarnie
Monday, October 19, 2009 11:28:55 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by RainbowBen

Is Otterbacher the only traveling carnival with a Chance Space Shuttle? The reason i ask this, the last one i ever saw in person was back in 1992 at Dutch Wonderland up in PA. It looked great and had the outer space music playing on it when it was rocking back & forth.

~Ben

Funtime Carnival out of Cincy has one as well.....

http://www.funtimecarnival.com/shuttle.htm