with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, July 14, 2009 9:18:12 PM
Here's a suggestion for those guys that do TR's...I know it might be hard but is it possible to let the 10 of us on here with Joint's to maybe be a little more specific when you say Balloons when and if you actually list the games...Some of us with Balloons are curious how others are working thiers....Myself I put up a Tag and then change it up tp a Bust 1 for Ohio Fairs...But there are several other Balloon Stores out there and I'm not talking about a Mirror joint. There's Bust 1, Bust 2, Bust 3...ect. It's not like I'm asking what size Balloons ( 4's, 5's, Super 5's, 7's, Double Dip 7's ect...)are on the board, are the "under inflated" or not, or what kinda darts (Widdy, Apex, Plastic )they are using or if they are sharp or not...Really, some of you guys can name of the maker of every ride on the lot but can't tell one joint from another...You guys can't even use the hate being "called in" excuse anymore...The lots I've been on lately all the games have been run by Mutes!

BTW, anyone using the "Big" wooden Darts?

Anyone see any of these joints lately?
Milk can ( 1 in or 3 in ) wins
Tip'em Over Coke
Coke Roll ( Roll-a-Beef)
Bushels with actual Bushels not Tubs
Bottle Up
Bumper Car
Spindle
Muffin Pan( Goblet Pitch)
Plate Pitch ( looking for a set of Plates PM me if you got some )
Gun Ball
Tube joint That's Tube with a "e" not Tub.
Donniker joint
Lucky Stike Dimes or quarters
Cover the Spot
Add'em Up Darts
Roll Downs
Screw Pool or Tee Pool
Pool joint ( Run 4 )
Cat Rack
Cork Gun with Blocks not Dixie Cups
Hoop-la with Hula Hoops

I'm afraid some of these joints are disappering due to the lack of quailified agents and the push on some shows to throw 50% Stock...
detroit121
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:18:04 AM
it really is interesting to here what joints are up on midways nowdays to me also.i always wonder if anyone still puts up a more workin type joint,there arent many left at all.nowdays they call tub joints flatstores?hey,i do know one family that uses wooden dartts still in their t-shirt joint(star dart).the gagne family that owns specialty trailer mfg.still uses ONLY those darts.games do and always have made up a big part of the business and thats a fact!!!take away the half a million in revenue a show loses at a state fair by not having 100 joints and see if that dosent hurt,its money spent that the rides wouldnt get.
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
Benjibear
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 4:58:19 AM
Sorry, most of the time I swing by a lot on my travels when it is closed so the joints are as interesting.
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
detroit121
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:44:50 AM
ya know the less agents there are means more money for guys like us that arent gonna stop putting up workin joints.there will always be a place for joints like ours.
babe,BABE!!!!!,,,,,make sure ya give him one!!
cny_chris
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 7:08:32 AM
Pretty sure I've seen these joints in the last couple years:

Bottle Up
Gun Ball
Donniker joint
Cover the Spot
Roll Downs

Some of the ones on your list, Glenn, I haven't heard of before. Then again, I'm not big on the games.

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:25:58 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by cny_chris

Pretty sure I've seen these joints in the last couple years:

Bottle Up
Gun Ball
Donniker joint
Cover the Spot
Roll Downs

Some of the ones on your list, Glenn, I haven't heard of before. Then again, I'm not big on the games.

I'm sure there's alot on that list some guys that go to carnivals every week never seen....There's a guy in Cincy that has some rides that after 15 years in the biz never seen a Cover the Spot until Martini and I broke one out to work a guy....

I forgot to put Huckla Buck Kegs on the list...

BTW, The joints I listed were all common joints not too long ago....None of these I would call a Flat Store for the most part...There's a few Alibis on the list but that's about it. Before the "merchandising" and all the Buy-a-Prize joints. Up until about the last 10 years the only Prize Everytime joint on most Midways was a Duck Pond....

sloughed
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:55:41 AM
I use the Big wooden darts in my balloon joints, (Tag & bust one) I buy them from Redbone #2 Apex there expensive $33.00 dz but I think there worth the cost to reduce the risk of rebounds injuring a player. If your not sure try this- throw one backwards or throw one sideways and see if they don't center and pop the balloon. This has been an issue with some insurance people and they have put out notices to that effect.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 12:23:37 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by sloughed

I use the Big wooden darts in my balloon joints, (Tag & bust one) I buy them from Redbone #2 Apex there expensive $33.00 dz but I think there worth the cost to reduce the risk of rebounds injuring a player. If your not sure try this- throw one backwards or throw one sideways and see if they don't center and pop the balloon. This has been an issue with some insurance people and they have put out notices to that effect.

I been playing with the Idea of the Big Darts...If I can find them elsewhere I'll get some...Redbone sent me some Larry stuff and never replied to any emails...
Skywheelrider
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 2:35:34 PM
Sarah McDonagh has been putting up a Bottle Up at a few spots this season.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Trucker090
Wednesday, July 15, 2009 10:54:40 PM
Saw a bottleup and bushel baskets last year but not a cane rack in years !!
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Thursday, July 16, 2009 12:00:04 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Trucker090

Karl Dearwester puts up a cane rack...He's also the only guy who makes the canes...
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, July 16, 2009 1:13:39 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Karl Dearwester puts up a cane rack...He's also the only guy who makes the canes...

Tipp Brothers dont make them anymore?
massachusettsman
Thursday, July 16, 2009 9:56:52 AM

These are the ones i have seen What is a bumper car joint
Quote:

quote:

Anyone see any of these joints lately
Bottle Up
Gun Ball
Lucky Stike Dimes or quarters
Cover the Spot

with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Thursday, July 16, 2009 10:57:14 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by with-it

Quote:

quote:

Tipp Brothers dont make them anymore?

Karl bought them out years ago..
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
Thursday, July 16, 2009 11:02:26 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by massachusettsman

These are the ones i have seen What is a bumper car joint

It's a old joint made by Oakes...It's in their catalog I posted a link to a while back.

You got a metal car that travels on a track with bumpers on each end. You push the car it bounces back and forth and stops on a color... It has a lil tab like a spindle. I've seen it ran Prize everytime and with a laydown like a crazy ball...The Laydown one was at the Texas State Fair in the 80's.