with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Monday, June 29, 2009 6:47:00 AM
One thing that amazes me lately is the number of shows out there that are letting the ride boys frame joints to keep thier old lady happy so they will move the Tilt a Whirl or are willing to book joint operators on condition they have to move a ride....

I've seen several show owners string along some ride boy by letting him toss up whatever he can to fill space on the midway but when it comes to the big spot where the guy has a chance to win some money they donniker him or jack the rent up on the guy and he ends up working a ride for free and still owes the office more money to cover the nut....

GACC
  •  GACC
  • 51.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Monday, June 29, 2009 7:16:08 AM
It's all in the deal they make!
They may know how to move a ride but don't know how to get a good prop for it.
lotman
  •  lotman
  • 57.1% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, June 29, 2009 7:27:46 AM
then the tilt sits on the truck if the ole lady does'nt like her loc.
Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform.
Mark Twain
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin
powersmidways.com
bigdaves
Monday, June 29, 2009 12:54:14 PM
Why is always the tilt? I remember Drew had a concessionaire that moved the tilt for him, setup/tear down/drive it spot to spot. I think the one post regarding what kind of deal you make with the man is right on.
However, If you don't want to don't claim you know how or just tell them simply NO!!!! Tell him to get your mama to move the tilt, because you're cruising for big butt women on teardown nite. That always gets you perks at the front office. And remember to tell them Pizzagod said that.
DL
litepride
Monday, June 29, 2009 4:05:09 PM
the right guy will get the right prop and be taken care of. Love the guy that come in 24 years old and name every show in the country they worked for. My response is you must be a real screw up..... If you any good one of those show would have took care of you to keep you around. Besides I thought only family donikered u in big spots and booked every joint in country that wasn't there for the bad ones. Oh that right they got to pay the rent so they can be off to the next big one you can owe me son you will be in the blank next week. Closer to kin the futher they stick it in.