TattooRob
Sunday, October 19, 2003 11:24:18 PM
Hey whats up. Im Rob I been traveling on and off now for about 6 years with and without Mcdonaghs. That 65 AH Skywheel appeared in the movie passanger 57. I saw the ride in pieces before they refinshed it and just saw it a week or two broke down at the winter quarters. Dont worry SW Fans the McDonaghs are always on top of fixing their equipment. It will be back as soon as the opening of their season. You guys are right about the maintaining of a sky wheel. And I also agree that some modernizing would possibly bring back its forgoten popularity, I rode one once that i can barely remember, I was really young and my mom loves that ride and took me on it. It scarred that crap outta me I have never phisically seen one since, set up that is. I think it was Wades that I rode because it was at a Wade spot if my memory is right. Gibralter Trade Center Taylor Mi. I am yet to see McDonaghs SW and am looking forward to it. Also about the popularity of rides. I noticed shorter lines in scarier rides at small midways such as travelling carnivals. the real thrill seekers go to parks for mega coasters and stuff like that. Maybe these town marks are just to scarred for the old 2 wheelers. or maybe its the holes all over the steel supports of this classic ride. Thanx guys for the pics you posted in webshots, I missed the port huron fair this year and still cant wait to see our Eclipse in real life and the SW that you took pics of in Minnesotta.
2 and 4 be 8
Skywheelrider
Monday, October 20, 2003 3:39:21 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by TattooRob

Hey whats up. Im Rob I been traveling on and off now for about 6 years with and without Mcdonaghs. That 65 AH Skywheel appeared in the movie passanger 57. I saw the ride in pieces before they refinshed it and just saw it a week or two broke down at the winter quarters. Dont worry SW Fans the McDonaghs are always on top of fixing their equipment. It will be back as soon as the opening of their season. You guys are right about the maintaining of a sky wheel. And I also agree that some modernizing would possibly bring back its forgoten popularity, I rode one once that i can barely remember, I was really young and my mom loves that ride and took me on it. It scarred that crap outta me I have never phisically seen one since, set up that is. I think it was Wades that I rode because it was at a Wade spot if my memory is right. Gibralter Trade Center Taylor Mi. I am yet to see McDonaghs SW and am looking forward to it. Also about the popularity of rides. I noticed shorter lines in scarier rides at small midways such as travelling carnivals. the real thrill seekers go to parks for mega coasters and stuff like that. Maybe these town marks are just to scarred for the old 2 wheelers. or maybe its the holes all over the steel supports of this classic ride. Thanx guys for the pics you posted in webshots, I missed the port huron fair this year and still cant wait to see our Eclipse in real life and the SW that you took pics of in Minnesotta.

So McDonagh's Sky Wheel was originally with Interstate Amusements eh? (That was the show in Passenger 57.) Matt McDonagh told me that they got it from Dominic Marconi of Family Attractions Amusements down south when the sold them their Music Fest (darn I miss that ride, was beautiful), and he did not know where Dominic got it, but he did and was going to restore it and decided not too, so the McDonagh's, always having wanted a Sky Wheel, took it on, and it is beautiful! I saw it at the end of June in Chesaning when they were finishing it up, then in Port Huron in July, then Chesaning again set up, then Armada. I took lots of photos and video of it, including some on-ride video in Port Huron, awesome ride--so smooth, quiet, fast, wow. It just needs more lights, and Matt told me they are going to add more. The neon lighting is nice though. To see the photos I took, visit here: McDonagh's Amusements Photos 2003   then either one of the two McDonagh's albums. In the photos from Armamda, they had already taken the star lights down in preperation for tear down, so that is why you do not see them in the photos. Enjoy! [:)]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain