DarkRideArtist
Thursday, August 14, 2008 7:50:11 AM
Hello everyone! I just returned from the Boone County fair in Ky. and let me tell ya , I was completly blown away by the tight operation that Russ Kissel and his family run out there!! I will post photos of the show a little later on as I have to sort through a very busy schedule painting for the next 3 months solid!. I must say not only are they one of the cleanest shows on earth,but the staff and professional demeanor from Russ himself made my service easier than the norm.Walking around that little country fair taking photos , I witnessed a generous compliment from a patron that made the same observances to the office manager. This show is a must see!They keep an Allan Herschell 1954 Rodeo with a new top among other antiques and a beautiful round-up. Not one light out on this show folks!! I can't say enough. I'll post photos later _ the Dark Ride Artist
Jackpotter
Thursday, August 14, 2008 8:58:22 AM
Russ has always done a good job of taking older rides and making them look great. The Round Up was completely refurbed in St. Louis and was at my fair back in June for it's first spot...but wasn't quite finished with the exterior lights or the panels with with G7 logo on all of them. They have the best looking Zumur and Hurricane on the road today as well in my opinion. It's hard to tell that from photos because the pics do not do the paint jobs/artwork on those two pieces justice.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 14, 2008 2:55:53 PM
I thought I would butt in and clarify a small point, since the rodeo did not come out until 1957.
UserPostedImage
DarkRideArtist
Thursday, August 14, 2008 3:39:31 PM
Thanks Pinetar! I thought the info given to me may have been vague as it was told to me when we were "celebrating" (I'll say politely)my finishing a scenery decoration and I was asking around about the other equipment. I'll be returning in Oct. to do another Mousetrap theme on his funhouse in Atlanta. in early Oct. Your invited to come down to visit (my treat down at the watering hole). His Rock -o-plane is amazing with lime, orange classics, family swinger as a rainbowed lollipop stryle and his Round-Up dressed up with blue outer lighting and yellow center on the same colored basecoats. Again , I can't believe how amazing and sharp that nice family show is![:)]
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, August 14, 2008 4:25:13 PM
引用:

quote:

Originally posted by Darkrider

Thanks Pinetar! I thought the info given to me may have been vague as it was told to me when we were "celebrating" (I'll say politely)my finishing a scenery decoration and I was asking around about the other equipment. I'll be returning in Oct. to do another Mousetrap theme on his funhouse in Atlanta. in early Oct. Your invited to come down to visit (my treat down at the watering hole). His Rock -o-plane is amazing with lime, orange classics, family swinger as a rainbowed lollipop stryle and his Round-Up dressed up with blue outer lighting and yellow center on the same colored basecoats. Again , I can't believe how amazing and sharp that nice family show is![:)]

You are certainly in a position to take some interesting pics of your work and that of whatever show. Grab a camera and start posting. You need help, ask.
UserPostedImage