Trucker090
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 10:34:49 AM
[:(][:(] NO [:(][:(]
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:18:14 AM
Don't know about the rides, but I was told by someone who has joints booked in that the games are doing fantastic. Large holes in the midway is what I was also told, especially with the joints, which could account for the reason why the one's that are there are doing so well.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:40:22 AM
I'll be up there closing day/night...was just curious if anyone had heard anything. It's been pretty quiet.
Thrill Seeker
Saturday, August 25, 2007 8:40:25 PM
Just got back from the Kentucky State Fair. I will say it was a strange day for me though. First after finally finding a parking space, we hoped onto one of the shuttles that drops passengers off at different loacations on the property, we hoped on board and not even 2 minutes later, a tire blew, so they find another shuttle , we transfer over to that one then it starts going and gets stuck in the mud, so everyone pretty much had to walk like 2 miles around to the front of the Exposition Center. After arriving around front here comes another shuttle and the driver stops and ask if people wanted a ride, the whole group of 30 or so people decline the ride as we were like 5 feet away from the entrance doors. I begin my trip to the midway, freak thunderstorm pops out of nowhere, raining so hard it literally felt like needles being thrown at you so I take cover inside the West Wing
which is the home for all of the animals that are showing at the fair, Bad choice as it was moving day for some of the animals. let's just say had to watch every step you took. So 25 minutes later I finally making it to the midway. It was crowded, people everywhere you turned, in line for rides, games and of course for food. People were really spending money,myself included I spent at least $100.00 on games alone and a trunk full of prize's to prove it. I have never seen anything like that in all my years of attending this fair. Anyways sorry to bore you with my story, on to the N.A.M.E ride lineup

Century Wheel
carousel
Gravity Storm
Hampton Cycles
Pumpkin Patch (2Bears and 2 Pumpkins)
Tea Cups
Wet Boats
Construction Zone
Raiders
Go Gator
Circus Train #1
Tornado (wisdom)
Dragon wagon
Fun Slide #1
Mini Himalaya
Tilt #1
Ghost Pirate
Rock n Roll (Bobs)
Cliff Hanger
Starship 2000
Matterhorn (Wisdom)
YoYo
Spider
Pharaohs Fury
Scooter #1
Sizzler
Power Surge -being worked on
Gravitron
Spin Out -Being worked on
Himalaya (Wisdom- Geren's Rides)
1001 Nachts
Fireball (Larson)
Tilt #2
Pans Palace
Inverter
Fun Slide #2
Scooter #2
FeuerBall -Being worked on
Haunted House -Ride through
Ogre Castle
Kiddie Wheel
Circus Train #2
Inflatable
Mini Indy
Kiddie Bumper Boats
Hampton Combo
Dizzy Dragons
Family Swing (Zamperla)

Games, to many to list them all, here's a few
-Roller Derby
-Knock 'em down
-Basket Ball (at least 4 or 5 present)
-water Race (at least 5 or 6 present)
-fishing poles
-Speed Pitch
-Hi Striker
-Break the beer Bottles
- Wacky Bike (most popular game/attraction on the midway)

Food
Cotton Candy
Caramel/Candied Apples
Funnel Cakes/ Elephant Ears
Pizza
Corn Dogs
Polish/Italian Sausages
Philly Cheese Steaks

2007 Ky State Fair pictures are located here..........

http://community.webshot...98UtrsLC?vhost=community 
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, August 26, 2007 1:06:19 AM
Nice midway! Looking forward to pics!
sausageseller
Sunday, August 26, 2007 7:57:00 AM
I visited Friday. First time there. Nice Fair.
Free shows need to be moved from ball park to over by the show and Ind. midway.

Visited with the infamous Billy "The scale man" Stewart!

And man do those ladies going to the evening horse show like to dress up! WOW!!!!
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
Sunday, August 26, 2007 8:47:29 AM
THere is a proposal being floated around to build a major shed (ampi-theater) at the KFEC in Louisville and probably demolish the football stadium that is there where these free concerts are. It has been met with some resistance since there is a new 22,000 seat arena being constructed in downtown Louisville on the riverfront.

The big arena (Freedom Hall) at the fairgrounds is home to the Louisville Cardinal basketball team. But, the new arena will take them away. The football stadium isn't used by UofL anymore either for footbal...they have a new stadium less than 1/2 mile away.

I can envision the shed getting the concerts while Freedom Hall will exclusively host the horse show and so forth during the fair. They have paid concerts the first few days in Freedom Hall...then the Horse Show...then end with a concert inside.

Perhaps the new shed will be closer to the midway.
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
Monday, August 27, 2007 9:45:17 AM
I went last night to the final night. Went for the Def Leppard, Styx, Foreigner show. During Foreigner's set, I decided to walk out and see the midway. I made one pass through and made it back to Freedom Hall just in time for Def Leppard.

Anyway, overall impression was the midway was clean. It was very very busy and I'll have to agree that the joints were covered up. People were indeed playing games.

Most of the rides looked good...well...all of NAME's stuff looked good. Geren's Himalaya looked great but their Spin Out was dark and not running. It anchored a back corner...bad piece to have go down.

Interstate's Scooter looked rough and they had some light issues on their Rock N Roll (Thunderbolt). Otherwise, most every piece was clean and well lit and getting good numbers ticket wise.

I went expecting to be disappointed, but was far from it. Left rather impressed overall.
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
Monday, August 27, 2007 6:26:55 PM

Sort of off topic, but since you asked...

They were OK...I'd give them a 7 out of 10...Styx was pretty tight...FOreigner was just "alright"..and Leppard was ok. Of course every song they do is a hit...Joe Elliot's voice can't hit those high notes like he used to, but he's still strong. They had some sound issues at times, not that most people would notice..but at times the background vocal mics were so hot it drowned out Elliot.

I thought they butchered "Animal" and a couple of songs..but hit it right on the head with Foolin, Photograph, Rocket, Sugar and Rock of Ages...

NOw, talk about hitting it...Styx with Too Much Time on My Hands flat out was rocking on that song...Tommy Shaw still has it man!
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 27, 2007 6:58:38 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpotter

Sort of off topic, but since you asked...

They were OK...I'd give them a 7 out of 10...Styx was pretty tight...FOreigner was just "alright"..and Leppard was ok. Of course every song they do is a hit...Joe Elliot's voice can't hit those high notes like he used to, but he's still strong. They had some sound issues at times, not that most people would notice..but at times the background vocal mics were so hot it drowned out Elliot.

I thought they butchered "Animal" and a couple of songs..but hit it right on the head with Foolin, Photograph, Rocket, Sugar and Rock of Ages...

NOw, talk about hitting it...Styx with Too Much Time on My Hands flat out was rocking on that song...Tommy Shaw still has it man!

Did they have a person doing sign language in the corner of the jumbotrons down there at the fair? The only concert I ever seen it done was at the Ohio State fair and it was Slaughter, Quiet Riot, Firehouse, and Warrant. I was just wondering because it was a "fair concert"

Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
Tuesday, August 28, 2007 3:37:13 AM
Nope. No sign language people on the big screens. If there were any, they must have been out of my sight line off of stage left because my seats were right down six rows from the floor on stage right.