daniel
  •  daniel
  • 73.82% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:23:26 AM
I was just wondering somthing for my own personal reason.I hope this has not been asked but my question is what does it take to start a show other then the obvious things like rides, games and equipment,but things like Insurance drivers insuarance liabilty and such what all does it take.If you dont want to tell me over post please PM me .
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:45:33 AM
It all starts with your education. Do you have what it takes to be a business person?

You don't need cash to start a show, just hook up with "with-it". He will not only show you the ropes but give you "A REAL EDUCATION" as well.[;)]

Bring your own bed roll, blanket and bankroll. Hurry, school is now open and space is limited.

Guest lecturer, "Paul B" is scheduled for next week. Government grants are waiting, send 5 yards for an application to me, not him.
UserPostedImage
Jackpotter
Sunday, June 24, 2007 5:54:13 AM
A LOT of research and planning. But even then, as Pinetar pointed out, without a good solid education, some practical experience and surrounding yourself with knowledgeable people, even the best laid plans can fall flat on their face.
paulmbe
  •  paulmbe
  • 55.74% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, June 24, 2007 6:22:58 AM
Finaly after all these years I got a booking agent,where were you when the money was hard and we had equipment, now we are using what we learned the last 50 years you want to lay the act down!!! And are offering low points at that![;)]
"Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Holy *, what a ride!"
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 7:39:01 AM
Education means nothing without common sence. I know a guy with 9th grade education, and he has one of the most successful concession companies on the road. Also know a guy with a masters in mathmatics, and was bankrupt in 2 years. Experience is the key to being successful on the road.Street smarts are a plus too.
with-it
  •  with-it
  • 59.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:33:34 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Pinetar

It all starts with your education. Do you have what it takes to be a business person?

You don't need cash to start a show, just hook up with "with-it". He will not only show you the ropes but give you "A REAL EDUCATION" as well.[;)]

Bring your own bed roll, blanket and bankroll. Hurry, school is now open and space is limited.

Guest lecturer, "Paul B" is scheduled for next week. Government grants are waiting, send 5 yards for an application to me, not him.

Hell, we are on our way to having a full class....Daniel, Blondie, Ratwheel...
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:50:21 AM
Just bring your million dollar bankroll and you too can join the club!
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 11:52:28 AM
Yo Rhino, supposing the man has no street smarts and he has no exp. Tell the boy what to do next. How does he start, or should he?

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Education means nothing without common sence. I know a guy with 9th grade education, and he has one of the most successful concession companies on the road. Also know a guy with a masters in mathmatics, and was bankrupt in 2 years. Experience is the key to being successful on the road.Street smarts are a plus too.

UserPostedImage
carnivalrider
Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:01:11 PM
Quote:

quote:

Hey, I would like to be on broad....with the school to be shown the ropes...
Fan of Traveling Carnivals.
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:05:28 PM

Hey, I would like to be on broad....

You want to be on which broad? I can show you the ropes, if you want to watch, that's ok.
UserPostedImage
ratwheel
Sunday, June 24, 2007 12:21:06 PM
Quote:

quote:

Hell, we are on our way to having a full class....Daniel, Blondie, Ratwheel...

I paid for my edumacation allready thank you very much.

Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:07:48 PM
with-it, can we get one more in?
UserPostedImage
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 1:49:30 PM
Classes start this Wed. In Cleveland, Ohio, 44149.

1.You will be shown how to safely load a truck for an event, kicking tires, checking fuel, revving the hell out of that diesel to warm it up.

2.Set up on Thurs. including details on elec. distribution.

3.Friday: Operate on the banks of the beautiful Cuyahoga river where you will be entitled to an all you can eat lunch buffet.

4.Slough at 2:30 p.m.

5.classes will continue for one full week.

Cost of the class: $500.

Blondie, you in? I'm serious.

Instructors:
1.The renowned With-it to show you the ropes.

2.Paul b, 50 years of experience. Fifty ways to prepare baloney and wonder bread to feed the crew.

3.Pinetar, many, many years on the midway.

If you sign up by this monday, you will be entitled to free podcasts by the likes of MCW greats:
Flamo-How to say no to underage pbq's and still have them return next year.

Profits: What do you do with them?
Bigeli:Another great from MCW who will tell you how to invest in flipping homes. Can you imagine, $80g's flipping homes in one week. Take those funds and reinvest in bigger pig iron, a new HIMaLAYA.

Baby Bair: Why you should have good relations with the man what drives the big brown truck if you want your merch. on time.

Pinetar:Why you need an Apple laptop in the office if you want to look successful.

The governments grants are on hold for this year do to the cost overruns of Katrina.
Paypal and cash accepted. Apply via a pm.

Not ready to be a show owner, fine, we will show you the ropes and rides and rebush an old allen Herschel piece.

UserPostedImage
Disney Fan
  •  rhino
  • 64.76% (Friendly)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:04:53 PM
Quote:

quote:

Yo Rhino, supposing the man has no street smarts and he has no exp. Tell the boy what to do next. How does he start, or should he?

Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by rhino

Pack a bag, and run away with the carnival!!
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, June 24, 2007 3:18:35 PM

Quote:

quote:

Pack a bag, and run away with the carnival!!

Rhino, we could use a good man like you on our staff. title:Merch Man
UserPostedImage