flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 5:50:52 AM
They got some big bucks for some of that stuff............
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
Benjibear
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:14:01 AM
I was in Myrtle Beach a few years ago during a tropical storm and I never went. It was my first time there and I figured it would be there next time. I wish I would have gone on the cloudy day. [V]
It is what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.
flamo
  •  flamo
  • 87.94% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:16:43 AM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Benjibear

I was in Myrtle Beach a few years ago during a tropical storm and I never went. It was my first time there and I figured it would be there next time. I wish I would have gone on the cloudy day. [V]

I thought that place would always be there as well. I can name several other places I though would always be there.
I'm there, Old, Tired, Broke and Henpecked
42WLA
  •  42WLA
  • 55.22% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:39:09 AM
Remember always; Everthing changes, Nothing stays the same.
I have done so much,with so little,for so long,I am now qualified to do anything with nothing!
Trucker090
Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:45:10 AM
Its a shame at how many parks are closing. We had a lot close here in the last 50 years. Most of them were due to the class of people who came to them.
<h5>"If you cant run with the BIG dogs stay on the porch"</h5>

UserPostedImage

http://wwwseattlewheel.ning.com
Pinetar
  •  Pinetar
  • 87.34% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 10:19:07 AM
The Redneck Riviera. I was there once for bike week. Ran past the parks numerous times but never went in.

Ain't goin back either.
UserPostedImage
Jagger
  •  Jagger
  • 58.3% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman
Sunday, April 29, 2007 1:30:03 PM
Its gonna be missed! I was just down there the other day. Looks like just a large hole in the middle of the blvd.
cny_chris
Sunday, April 29, 2007 7:36:54 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by flamo

They got some big bucks for some of that stuff............

Nostalgia sells...
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
Jackpotter
Monday, April 30, 2007 4:16:06 PM
It was a good little park. Everything was well maintained, well lit and was always very clean. They really had some good pieces in there...some big iron...Huss Pirate, Enterprise, Top Spin, Galaxy Coaster, Alaskan Sleigh Ride, Caterpillar that actually had a working canopy..and the regular stuff. I always enjoyed going there.