rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:13:44 PM
Does the fireball with the open face tubs and shoulder harness give a more exciting ride than the super loops? When I first saw the fireball cageless design I thought it was going to be one of the hottest rides to hit the midway, but I still see many shows stay with the older design.
RodB
Skywheelrider
Tuesday, March 6, 2007 2:29:36 PM
From what I have been told the open-style trains give a much better, more thrilling ride. Our Ring was changed from the caged train to the open style two years ago, and is quieter now and folks love the ride.
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Greg
  •  Greg
  • 55.58% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Tuesday, March 6, 2007 3:37:46 PM
Its certainly a more comfortable ride.
My albums are all on Facebook!
LarsonRingofFire
Tuesday, March 6, 2007 5:25:38 PM
The Fireball trains (open trains) give a much better view than the Ring of Fire cages. I think open train is better because you have an un-obstructed view and you feel safer yet its still thrilling with the over-the-shoulder restraints. Thats just my opinion. Its also alot quieter I think. Also when you sit in the first seat on either half of the Fireball train you get to see the inertia ring and track, to me seeing those things adds to the thrill of the ride.
Sit down, buckle up, and get ready to SCREAM, its the HIMALAYAAAAAAAA...
JustinJames
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 4:14:41 AM
Well, much like the Wipeout in the 90's. They have made the face to face seating as to where 4 people techically can ride together. That's another plus. Me personally, I can't stand either version. Just isn't my type of ride. But my son loves it. LOL
cny_chris
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 8:39:51 AM
Open trains are nice, but if the public doesn't have a choice, I doubt it makes a difference to them. Only 4 seats really have an improved view... the two on each end.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
bob4554
  •  bob4554
  • 55.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:15:06 PM
Much more comfy than the caged ring
Bob

LarsonRingofFire
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:39:49 PM
Its pretty much just your personal opinion which you like better. I like the open train, so do many other people. Then there are some people that like the caged train.
Sit down, buckle up, and get ready to SCREAM, its the HIMALAYAAAAAAAA...
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 5:53:55 PM
amen, I once, and only onced crammed myself into the cage, wasn't sure if I could make it out once I was in...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bob4554

www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
JustinJames
Wednesday, March 7, 2007 10:37:55 PM
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Ryan

amen, I once, and only onced crammed myself into the cage, wasn't sure if I could make it out once I was in...
Quote:

quote:

Originally posted by bob4554

Oh I don't even wanna hear it you beanpole!!! How do you think my twinkie eating @$$ felt LOL.[B)]
2ndgencarnie
Thursday, March 8, 2007 7:56:24 AM
I've never seen an open cage but im sure it would be better, i can't stand the closed cage version.