Cstephens
Friday, May 6, 2005 10:05:30 AM
in danbur, connecticut there is a fair called the danbury city fair. it begins during the first week of june & lasts until the first day of july. strates shows might be there (the event is listed on their website) how big is this fair and does anyone know in what part of the city of danbury is the fair located? too bad this fair does have a website. i wish it did cause i don't know a lot about this fair? if strates is heading to the danbury city fair, will carol steam amusements book rides with them, i know they do that at a few fairs strates goes too.
BSA Mike
Friday, May 6, 2005 10:44:19 AM
its a mall parking lot, its not a fair, its a carnival...
cny_chris
Friday, May 6, 2005 12:06:42 PM
This event is located in the parking lot of the Danbury Fair Mall (http://www.danburyfairmall.com/ ), which is located on the west side of Danbury, right off I-84 Exit 3. This event is rides, games and food only, no exhibit halls/concerts/performers. There is no admission charge to get in.

Usually Strates sets up around 25 rides (half kiddies), 20 or so games, and some food vendors. Carol Stream does not usually have anything at this spot. My trip report for this spot from last year can be found here: http://www.carnivalwarehouse.co...E=true&TOPIC_ID=5829 

Hope this helps.[:D]

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." - Lao-Tsu

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
TopSpinJay
Friday, May 6, 2005 12:55:29 PM
THERES NO gate charge its just a name given to the spot. Strates usualy don't set everything up eather because sometimes they roll 2 spots.and if they don't then usualy only the topspin gets set up giant ride wise.

Tim Magids show does not book they have there own route in Western /Central NY here durring that time. they rejoin Strates in Hamburg
You'll miss us when were gone....
Cstephens
Friday, May 6, 2005 7:22:31 PM
thanks for the info. i had no idea it was just strates shows at a shopping mall? still strates is a nice show. can't wait to see them. i also saw thet post of what rides strates brought to the danbury fair mall last year. nice line up though. but i did'nt expect to see stewart amusemnts at another event not that far away from the danbury city fair. small ride list thought since the're a small show but a nice line up nonetheless. when are the dates for the 2005 katonah fire department carnival 2005? will stewart be there again or will another show be there insted? one more thing. will strates shows be going to danbury fair mall this june? this event is listed on their 2005 route list on their website, but. the dates from the 2005 danbury city fair don't match the dates for the danbury city fair on strates website? mabye strates just simply got the dates a little wrong (just a thought)
cny_chris
Saturday, May 7, 2005 4:52:39 AM
Strates will be at Danbury - June 10 to July 9. Both the mall website and the Strates website have these dates on them.

Katonah FD Carnival will be held June 8-11 (http://www.katonahfd.org/ ), should be Stewart that is there, but not 100% sure. I will see what I can find out next weekend when I do see them.

"Faith is taking the first step, even when you don't see the whole staircase." - Martin Luther King Jr.

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." - Robert F. Kennedy
cny_chris
Saturday, May 7, 2005 11:31:23 AM
Highly likely that the Top Spin will be in Danbury. But like anything, it probably won't be 100% for sure until just before the date. Only the folks at Strates will know for sure...