Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:14:20 AM
I put an ad in the classifieds, so you can move this off-topic after people see it. I've had several shows in the past 2 weeks asking for used ticket boxes. Anyone having one or more to sell please email me. (Only looking for ones in good working condition, ready to use, not ones needing a lot of work first.)
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, April 21, 2005 4:36:37 AM
Too bad you are not down in Gibtown as I see stuff sitting all over down there for sale
Herb
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:04:57 AM
Sue, Bradd Burton aka Kadoty had one for sale last season. Check with him
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Thursday, April 21, 2005 7:06:17 AM
Oh...also Cooke in NJ has 3 on a trailer.
Grbjnt
  •  Grbjnt
  • 55.82% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Thursday, April 21, 2005 12:08:44 PM
send a message to Carnihan and ask him if Cunningham still has those ticket boxes and they were nice looking ticket boxes that would be in the New Matamoras, Ohio area between Wheeling and Marietta,
Herb
Sue
  •  Sue
  • 50.42% (Neutral)
  • Operations Foreman Topic Starter
Thursday, April 21, 2005 1:20:23 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll follow up.
Sue
archived01
Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:30:55 PM
Sue I am pricing out the material now to make Uniglide style boxes to see if I can build them and sell them cheaper than anyone else. If I can sell them cheaper I am going to start building a set. I don't know when they need them by but I should know next week what it will cost to build each box.
Matt C.
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:54:03 AM
Pat, just out of curiosity, what does Uniglide charge for a new set of standard 2 seller boxes these days?

Good luck on building them, keep us posted!
Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
archived01
Friday, April 22, 2005 8:14:03 AM
Matt the last time I called them about boxes they were at 10 each pluss the cost of the trailer. Waymatic was 65 for 3 boxes and a trailer so they are not cheap. I think a good quality box can be built for around 5 to 6 each and still make a profit. That is what I am looking at will see how it all comes out when I have all the pricing togather.
SandellTheSplinterhead
Friday, April 22, 2005 9:51:05 AM
If you can't find ticket boxes for sale, you can always build your own like the Salernos do for Windy City Amusements.
Bart: How would I go about creating a 1/2 man, 1/2 monkey type creature?
Sunday school teacher: I'm sorry but that would be playing god.
Bart: GOD SCHMOD! I WANT MY MONKEY MAN!
Ryan
  •  Ryan
  • 57.38% (Neutral)
  • Lot Foreman
Friday, April 22, 2005 7:57:45 PM
those ticket boxes weren't built in house. The WCA ticket boxes and trailers are all otterbachers I belive.
www.modernmidways.com 
"If life was fair elvis would be alive and the impersonators would be dead"-carson
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, April 22, 2005 8:13:26 PM
Bates builds their own. They look pretty good with neon signs on top. Somebody should have pics. SWR would, but I don't imagine they had any at the IX Center.

UserPostedImage

Skywheelrider
Friday, April 22, 2005 8:18:10 PM
http://pg.photos.yahoo.c...dnm=4f12.jpg&.src=ph  .[/color]
"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first." -- Mark Twain
Da Bair
  •  Da Bair
  • 50.18% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, April 22, 2005 8:26:28 PM
Reliable as always. Thanks Chris.

Alas, it is Bates Amusement Co that uses the neon.

UserPostedImage

archived01
Friday, April 22, 2005 10:08:48 PM
I was actualy wrong the price Matt on new boxes from Uniglide is 11,000 a box and hold on to your hat Waymatic wants 30,000 a box no trailer is included in either price. I called Don he had quotes for new boxes from last June. He ended up picking up Gargano's Uniglide boxes. I just went through them and fixed all the lights, painted and put new decals on them. They are solid boxes the only thing I didn't care for was the counter height it needs to be a little lower.