wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 10:29:48 AM
while driving in the middle of nowhere I saw a WQ on Lowber Road in Lowber PA. They had about a dozen rides under roof and a bunch more sitting in the lot. The is an old bumper car on a sign pole in front up in the air. Nice looking WQ but no show name on building and I could not see the name on any trucks on the lot. This is in Westmoreland County about 25 miles from downtown Pittsburgh.

anybody know who this show is?
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 2:13:46 PM
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 8:39:20 AM
Great folks that own that show, worked with the owner years ago on Childress, he was the 2nd unit manager. He was always willing to help you out and overall nice guy to work for.

Sold him a King swing ride, was Ninja Turtle but he has it themed as a Care Bear swing or something.
Jackpotter
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 4:12:45 PM
Speaking of WQs....who has the rides up on the hill on the north side of I70 between Zanesville OH and Old Washington OH?
carnivalguy135
Tuesday, January 12, 2021 12:34:16 PM
Could Possibly Be Lisko But not 100% on that.
JimW
  •  JimW
  • 51.56% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Sunday, January 24, 2021 8:22:27 AM
Originally Posted by: Jackpotter 

Speaking of WQs....who has the rides up on the hill on the north side of I70 between Zanesville OH and Old Washington OH?

Yesterday on my way home from Parkersburg I took a side trip down I-70, got off the interstate and drove down a gravel road next to the rides. Still could not make out the name on the truck cabs, but I don't think its Lisko. I looked for their Diver as I thought that would be easy to spot, not there. But I did see the distinctive twin yellow trailers of a SKY WHEEL![eek]
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 25, 2021 11:18:16 AM
Jackpotter
Monday, January 25, 2021 4:06:30 PM
Not 100% sure but I think it was before Exit 185.

Looking at Google Earth I believe I have located (rides aren't there in the photo) and I don't think there's a way to get to it from Exit 185 as best I can tell.

Not sure when I'll be through there again but I will make sure to check it out.

As for Sky Wheels, I believe there are 5 operating....Miller's, Megerle, Big Rock, Belle City and Modern. It wouldn't make sense for any of those to be parked there so is this one a parts wheel or one that isn't operational?
JimW
  •  JimW
  • 51.56% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 8:08:09 AM
Exit 193. Go west on Bridgewater Rd next to (north of) the interstate. Hoover Rd., County Rd 91 is the gravel road on the Rt.

In 2019 someone posted a youtube video of the Darke Co (Ohio) Fair with Primetime Amusements and a Sky Wheel with on ride footage. I don't know anything about Primetime, was looking forward to the first time they would play the Cuyahoga Co Fair in 2020 (canceled by the china virus), and their website is now dark. Was that their Sky Wheel or someone elses?
Could not tell if the one at exit 193 is complete, other trailers in the way, but it looked it.
I did see something that looked like an old Chance Rock'N Roll ride, but I'm not sure, I haven't seen one of those in over 30 years. And last I heard the only one still running is at Knobles Park in PA. Does anyone have a portable one still around?
Jackpotter
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 10:10:58 AM
Just watched the video. It's Belle City's Sky Wheel with the pink and teal tubs and the purple striping trim.

I was close on my exit guess...I just happened to notice the equipment sitting up on the hill as we zipped by at 80mph and was too busy looking at it to note exactly where we were.
carnivalguy135
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 12:29:26 PM
BCA is in Florida Right Now & plus BCA dont play anywhere in PA or Ohio as far as i know could be J&J's WQ for all I Know they did have a Rock N Roll As Far i Knew Last Time i saw them
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 7:38:10 PM
On the Chance Rok n Rol question Wheelock Rides from Syracuse, NY had one out in 2019. Got it from Sue Shorb.
ridejocky
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 9:43:42 PM
There is (or at least was) several old Chance rides including a Rok & Rol and a Trabant at a park in Thailand. The also have aome old Huss rides including a Pirate, an Enterprise and (I think) a Condor.

The rides all looked pretty mint. The Pirate was named something else and the drive had been converted to (what looked like) DC motors.

Been I few years since I've been there...
Ride the Zipper?
Jackpotter
Tuesday, January 26, 2021 10:05:24 PM
Originally Posted by: carnivalguy135 

BCA is in Florida Right Now & plus BCA dont play anywhere in PA or Ohio as far as i know could be J&J's WQ for all I Know they did have a Rock N Roll As Far i Knew Last Time i saw them

The video referenced was from 2019. It is definitely Belle City’s Sky Wheel that must have been booked in that year. There is no mistaking it.

If you’ll recall before Talley got Columbus, BCA booked in several pieces at the Ohio State Fair every year....so there likely still was an Ohio connection in 2019 because i seem to recall AofA and Belle City both having to scramble to find spots after the Talley contract was awarded.
JimW
  •  JimW
  • 51.56% (Neutral)
  • 40-Miler
Wednesday, January 27, 2021 8:58:04 AM
It does not look like a WQ, just some stuff parked in a field. 3, 4 or maybe 5 rides at most, all in a nice straight line. Off to the side is a tandem axle travel trailer and then a little farther off is an old green Mack R-model tandem axle straight truck with a flat bed body that I don't think belongs with the rides. That's it.
Someone could have brought some stuff up/out for last season and then when the Wuhan Flu shut everything down they just found a place to park them. I would think this place would be cheaper than a high priced storage facility or hauling everything down to FLA or someplace. And its why people wonder who it belongs to.

So does Belle City have their Sky Wheel up in FLA right now?