Sixcat
  •  Sixcat
  • 51.26% (Neutral)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, June 25, 2012 1:35:05 PM
Originally Posted by: Jackpotter 

Where was this show winter quartered? I know towards the end of the shows life the name changed to Heart of Dixie Amusements and all of the trucks had Alabama tags. Just wondered where in Alabama this show had WQ?

This is why I stopped posting on this mostly uninformed group of non so called carneys, as any first of May knows that almost all of us got our tags from the Judge by mail from " The Heart of Dixie". BTW, my WQ with my "Bama" tags was in New Hampshire.
Sixcats have nine lives
Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, June 25, 2012 1:40:01 PM
Understand. Just like a lot get them in Maine now. I just asked a simple question where this show WQ'd at during it's day. You're right, I assumed Alabama. And your response is a perfect example of why I quit posting here as well.
jb
  •  jb
  • 51.84% (Neutral)
  • Foreman
Monday, June 25, 2012 6:34:56 PM
Show wintered in Fort Walton Beach
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, June 25, 2012 10:22:02 PM
In the 60's or 70's lots of carnival trailers had Alabama plates. Didn't they sell them thru mail order for $25 a set? I remember when the Alabama plates were bright green. Made it easy to spot carnival equipment on the road in NY.
john777
  •  john777
  • 67.28% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Monday, June 25, 2012 10:25:31 PM
i got tags myself from leland but never live in bama
with it and all for it
john 777

UserPostedImage
squirrel
Monday, June 25, 2012 11:20:17 PM
Originally Posted by: john777 

i got tags myself from leland enzer but never live in bama

Boy that name brings back memories --

Jackpotter
  •  Jackpotter
  • 62.54% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 26, 2012 9:11:14 AM
Originally Posted by: jb 

Show wintered in Fort Walton Beach

Thanks jb. I asked a simple question, you gave a simple answer. That was all I wanted to know.
ringmaster
Tuesday, December 15, 2020 9:23:16 PM
Originally Posted by: Sixcat 

This is why I stopped posting on this mostly uninformed group of non so called carneys, as any first of May knows that almost all of us got our tags from the Judge by mail from " The Heart of Dixie". BTW, my WQ with my "Bama" tags was in New Hampshire.

Mid South's WQ was a large building in Panama City.
We use to get our plates in the mail from someone in Andalusia Alabama, like everyone else back then.