thunderbolt85
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 9:33:54 AM
Morning Everyone, so my company decided they needed their stock price to go up a few cents, so they are cutting a large number of us that have been with the company for a long time and make a pretty good salary and benefits. So, starting next week will be looking for a new job, I wish it had been a normal season and would have been glad to have pulled a few loads for shows around here in the meantime as I still have my Class A CDL, but it is what it is.

I said all that because might not be on here quiet as much anymore, but will keep checking as much as I can and talking with you all. Been a rough year for sure, but that carnie in me says its always better down the road at the next spot, so we will see.

But again, not going away completely, just give me a little time if I don't respond right away.

Oh, and did you all see that worker that fell to his death down in Florida off a Vertigo type ride, it was in an amusement park down there, about 200 feet high, really tragic, hate that for him and his family. You all keep them in your prayers or thoughts.
ridejocky
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 11:34:51 AM
That's a shame brother, wish you luck. Should be able to get decent work with that CDL...

"One door closes, another one opens..."
Ride the Zipper?
bigjlh
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:12:51 PM
Thunderbolt,best of luck to you landing new gig.ok then thnx bigjlh
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:25:38 PM
Thanks guys, hope so, maybe one day I will be pulling a Flying Bobs center or tub load down the road......LOL
Astro85
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 2:36:37 PM
Good luck!! Sorry to hear. Unfortunately, it’s a way to common occurrence.
JustinJames
Wednesday, September 16, 2020 3:39:47 PM
Gimme a call. We got trucks. 😂
ridejocky
Thursday, September 17, 2020 7:18:13 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Thanks guys, hope so, maybe one day I will be pulling a Flying Bobs center or tub load down the road......LOL

I pulled the bobs center for a few years, is not a great load, high and heavy. Pulled the pirate center for about five years, now that's a great load...

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:38:24 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

Gimme a call. We got trucks. 😂

May do that come spring if nothing has come along.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, September 17, 2020 8:43:09 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

I pulled the bobs center for a few years, is not a great load, high and heavy. Pulled the pirate center for about five years, now that's a great load...

The guy that trained me hated pulling our Sea Ray boat load, I think I remember it bent his smoke stack or something on a turn, can't remember for sure. But I pulled 16 seat wheel, Fun House, Round-Up, MGR, and few others. Hated pulling doubles, just didn't like it, but there is a lot of those now a days.

Do you remember about the Super Loops on Strates, I know on RAS they had to use some kind of ram to push it up as it went over the ramp to clear the bottom, is that why Strates ran it over the road, or was it to high of a load or something?
ridejocky
Thursday, September 17, 2020 11:41:44 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

The guy that trained me hated pulling our Sea Ray boat load, I think I remember it bent his smoke stack or something on a turn, can't remember for sure. But I pulled 16 seat wheel, Fun House, Round-Up, MGR, and few others. Hated pulling doubles, just didn't like it, but there is a lot of those now a days.

Do you remember about the Super Loops on Strates, I know on RAS they had to use some kind of ram to push it up as it went over the ramp to clear the bottom, is that why Strates ran it over the road, or was it to high of a load or something?

Yeah, it was high and heavy. There was talk about taking the sign off to make it lower but don't think they ever did. It went over the road the whole time I was on the show.

I think originally Strates has a partner (Putney?) with it. Had a straight-job with an antenna to check bridge heights. Had a nice COE Peterbuilt that pulled it.

Ride the Zipper?
IndianaTED
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 9:26:22 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation Thunderbolt. Hope an opportunity comes your way soon!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.