thunderbolt85
Friday, August 14, 2020 11:27:48 AM
So know the business is quiet, but wanted to discuss the Tip Top with you all some. I really like this ride, great family ride, good action, good sound, one trailer. So maybe some of you guys that have owned/moved one can enlighten us a bit on why the big shows don't like to carry them anymore.

Used to see them all over on big and small shows, now barely can catch one at all, matter of fact haven't seen one in a while. I know I did hear some issues with compressors, but surely there are better compressors these days.

Of course I loved the Holiday Bounce, but since there were only two and not sure that either is on the road anymore I guess that ride is lost to time.

Anyhow, wonder why companies don't want to build them either anymore, again family ride so I know that is really important these days.

Thoughts?
swooper
Friday, August 14, 2020 7:40:02 PM
I remember a bubble bounce too
I think was a different mfg
But looked like a tip top
thunderbolt85
Monday, August 17, 2020 9:46:18 AM
Yeah Bubble Bounce and Holiday Bounce were the same type I believe, AofA had a "Hot Pot" as well back in late 80s, a rethemed older Tip Top.
swooper
Monday, August 17, 2020 12:12:50 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah Bubble Bounce and Holiday Bounce were the same type I believe, AofA had a "Hot Pot" as well back in late 80s, a rethemed older Tip Top.

They had the bubble bounce in late 60,s to early seventies
Had a nice back wall and Himalaya type music
With a Mike man
johnroach100
Monday, August 17, 2020 5:23:55 PM

That has a terrible night shot of Happyland’s Bubble Bounce, and the Gyro mentioned in another thread. 1968 I believe.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, August 17, 2020 9:04:49 PM
If I recall correctly the Holiday Bounce was made from a Custer Bubble Bounce. Dell & Travers had a Hot Pots themed Tip Top around 1976.
Reithoffer themed an old Tip Top to La Bounce when they got the Exposition de Three rivers in Quebec in the mid 70's.

thunderbolt85
Wednesday, August 19, 2020 7:30:17 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

If I recall correctly the Holiday Bounce was made from a Custer Bubble Bounce. Dell & Travers had a Hot Pots themed Tip Top around 1976.
Reithoffer themed an old Tip Top to La Bounce when they got the Exposition de Three rivers in Quebec in the mid 70's.

Yep, and I remember Reithoffer had a Tip Top themed as a "Flipper" at one time, maybe why the Tornado was named that instead of "Flipper", or they just wanted a different theme.