swooper
Sunday, July 5, 2020 8:25:15 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Atlas still had it in '78, not sure how long they had it after that. John Deere green & yellow at that time. Sign was "Chance" type fiberglass letters wit 7 1/2 watt clear bulbs that chased....

You know I kinda remember now
It hat tubs sorta like turbo tubs
And I was thinking chance

Kinda like a hydraulic paratrooper with those tubs
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Sunday, July 5, 2020 1:45:20 PM
One of a kind ride built by a firm in Virginia. First bought by Fred Cantrell
ridejocky
Sunday, July 5, 2020 9:45:57 PM
Originally Posted by: swooper 

You know I kinda remember now
It hat tubs sorta like turbo tubs
And I was thinking chance

Kinda like a hydraulic paratrooper with those tubs

No, the "Gyro" I'm talking about was very much like a Round-Up

Ride the Zipper?
swooper
Monday, July 6, 2020 6:59:54 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

No, the "Gyro" I'm talking about was very much like a Round-Up

Oh
Ok
Mine was from 1974 at Columbia
Found the photo
Gyro sign was vertical
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Sunday, July 19, 2020 4:08:48 PM
rode the Wade / Wood wheel a few days ago in Ocean City MD. It was the 1st time I have seen this wheel in person. Very nice. The cost per rider is $10.30 which all things considered is less than I expected considering where it is and how much everything else costs down there.

The crew were wearing Trimper's shirts so I have no idea if they were people that normally travel with the wheel or people that work at Trimper's. There was a big generator trailer sitting beside it so I am guessing it was powered by that but it was very quiet. No other trailers are seen in that area. The gondolas are not air conditioned but they do have a wire mesh on each end to allow air to flow. All the lights seemed to be working and it looked good at night. The wheel is very impressive but in my opinion only not quite as big or fancy as the RCS LaGrande Wheel XL or the new NAME wheel, but make no mistake this Wood / Wade wheel is super nice and I am glad I got to ride it because I doubt that it will ever be back at OC in the future.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, October 6, 2020 12:05:27 PM
as of today, Oct 6, the Wood/Wade wheel is still set up in OC. I expected it to be packed up and gone by now as they have started to pack up the rides on the pier since Sunday was the last day of operation of the pier rides.
ridejocky
Tuesday, October 6, 2020 8:21:59 PM
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

as of today, Oct 6, the Wood/Wade wheel is still set up in OC. I expected it to be packed up and gone by now as they have started to pack up the rides on the pier since Sunday was the last day of operation of the pier rides.

Not much point in tearing it down until it has someplace to go.
Ride the Zipper?
astro boy
Sunday, October 11, 2020 6:42:56 PM
We just tore down up there on Monday. That trailer behind the wheel is the support trailer for the wheel. Its running off of city power.
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
rideguyray
Monday, November 2, 2020 7:27:16 PM
https://oceancitylive.co...ity-boardwalk-rides-cam/ 

That explains it. The park posted a picture of her without the LED spoke lights from this morning, saying the season's done for the year.
https://www.facebook.com...55217/10164562873110217/ 
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick