wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 8:50:00 AM
if you copy and paste this link into your browser you can see from a distance the Wade green and white large wheel going up in Ocean City MD where I guess it will be parked for a while due to Covid restrictions elsewhere. Look to the left of the tall coaster. As of this posting the towers are in the air but no spokes yet. You cannot see it closeup, but you can see the crane moving if you enlarge the window

https://oceancitylive.co...ity-boardwalk-rides-cam/ 
Tornado
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 12:31:28 PM
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Tuesday, June 23, 2020 5:38:08 PM

Is their show back on the road? There are rumors of possibly no carnival for the State Fair in Mo.
RodB
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:51:35 AM
I wonder if that salt air will hurt that nice pretty paint job on the wheel. Right now it still looks new
wvscott
  •  wvscott
  • 63.5% (Friendly)
  • Foreman Topic Starter
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 8:53:11 AM
there are several Deggeller rides booked in at Trimpers in OC also this summer, probably a half dozen or so
ridejocky
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 10:15:49 AM
Looks like they're ready to start hanging tubs.

I imagine given the note on that thing they're much more concerned about generating some revenue than a little salt air..
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 11:42:26 AM
Yep, a short amount of time most likely will not hurt it, and the extra revenue could help and keep employee's busy.
rideguyray
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 12:17:31 PM
Originally Posted by: wvscott 

there are several Deggeller rides booked in at Trimpers in OC also this summer, probably a half dozen or so

Round Up, Fun Slide, Scrambler, Spin the Apples, Tilt, Super Shot, Madagascar fun house, Hang ten, Traffic Jam, Happy Swing
These 10 are rented from Deggeller for the summer although who knows what'll become of them come August as 6 are regular attendees at Maryland State Fair: Tilt, Super Shot, Madagascar (redone Hofbrahaus), Hang Ten, Traffic Jam, and Happy swing. The others rarely go to MD although usually seem to end up at State Fair of Virginia. One thing's certain, if these skip MD and meet the show in VA, it would mean only the Majestic music express would be the music ride as i'm not sure if the Huss Super Nova should really be in that category, and the midway would loose one of the highest pieces being the super shot which is a mainstay and landmark over there so it would be funny to see the State fair for the first time since 2010 with just one tower (Vertigo)

I'm curious how this will play out for both parties involved since last time I checked, MD is still forging ahead with having the fair come late august.
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
ridejocky
Wednesday, June 24, 2020 2:43:49 PM
Originally Posted by: rideguyray 

Round Up, Fun Slide, Scrambler, Spin the Apples, Tilt, Super Shot, Madagascar fun house, Hang ten, Traffic Jam, Happy Swing
These 10 are rented from Deggeller for the summer although who knows what'll become of them come August as 6 are regular attendees at Maryland State Fair: Tilt, Super Shot, Madagascar (redone Hofbrahaus), Hang Ten, Traffic Jam, and Happy swing. The others rarely go to MD although usually seem to end up at State Fair of Virginia. One thing's certain, if these skip MD and meet the show in VA, it would mean only the Majestic music express would be the music ride as i'm not sure if the Huss Super Nova should really be in that category, and the midway would loose one of the highest pieces being the super shot which is a mainstay and landmark over there so it would be funny to see the State fair for the first time since 2010 with just one tower (Vertigo)

I'm curious how this will play out for both parties involved since last time I checked, MD is still forging ahead with having the fair come late august.

I imagine they'll be no shortage of rides wanting to get into any decent spot this year...
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, June 25, 2020 8:37:25 AM
Originally Posted by: rideguyray 

I thought Deggeller got rid of their last Round Up, since they had the Zero Gravity, so I guess they still have one of them?

I believe at one time they had about two of them, and they also owned a Round Up type ride they bought from the Knoxville Worlds fair that had platforms around the side, and more flash, but smaller cage I believe.
ridejocky
Thursday, June 25, 2020 9:45:04 AM
Atlas used to have a Round-Up type piece called the "Gyro", I think maybe it was a one-off, but it was sure nice to up and down, looked good too. As I remember, it was center-drive rather than rim.

Anyone ever seen one?
Ride the Zipper?
rideguyray
Thursday, June 25, 2020 11:46:00 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I thought Deggeller got rid of their last Round Up, since they had the Zero Gravity, so I guess they still have one of them?

I believe at one time they had about two of them, and they also owned a Round Up type ride they bought from the Knoxville Worlds fair that had platforms around the side, and more flash, but smaller cage I believe.

Thunderbolt, I'm not sure how long Deggeller's had the current purple and blue round up they're calling "Super Round Up" these days, I caught it on the large unit in Fredericksburg, VA last august where it only lifted 30 degrees and was squealing horribly, had also caught it at 206 State Fair of Virginia, the fairs in Maryland including the state fair always get the Zero Gravity instead.
Follow me on Facebook at Ray Fendrick
Tornado
Friday, June 26, 2020 1:52:25 PM

That same Round-Up was at the York Fair the first year they had it. They since added LEDs and painted their shows colors.
swooper
Tuesday, June 30, 2020 7:12:06 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Atlas used to have a Round-Up type piece called the "Gyro", I think maybe it was a one-off, but it was sure nice to up and down, looked good too. As I remember, it was center-drive rather than rim.

Anyone ever seen one?

I think maybe I know the ride
Saw a ride called gyro at Columbia sc
Around 1980
Can’t remember exactally what it looked like
But I ave a photo somewhere
I’ll try and find it
It was unusual never saw one again
ridejocky
Sunday, July 5, 2020 12:11:24 AM
Originally Posted by: swooper 

I think maybe I know the ride
Saw a ride called gyro at Columbia sc
Around 1980
Can’t remember exactally what it looked like
But I ave a photo somewhere
I’ll try and find it
It was unusual never saw one again

Atlas still had it in '78, not sure how long they had it after that. John Deere green & yellow at that time. Sign was "Chance" type fiberglass letters wit 7 1/2 watt clear bulbs that chased....

Ride the Zipper?