IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Monday, June 22, 2020 10:48:58 AM
Just curious, has anyone here had the Covid-19 virus?

Please share with us your experience if you have, or if you have witnessed someone going through it.

I work in an essential business and have not had a day off, besides my regular days off, since this began. I am around the public, and I don't see how I couldn't have crossed paths with someone carrying it around. Yes, I take the precautions seriously, but still being human, I'm sure I have touched my face without washing my hands a time or two. So just wondering if I have a really good immune system, or have had it and didn't know it, or am just lucky?

Still, I am interested in hearing from real people and not the news.

Thanks
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Monday, June 22, 2020 11:05:05 AM
We haven't had it here as far as we know buddy, now trying to stay away from the news, but I did read that some folks can get it and never know they had it, doesn't show any symptoms.

You can see about getting checked for it I guess, but from what I hear they are tracking folks now which is something I am really not for.

I hope you all stay well up there.
ridejocky
Monday, June 22, 2020 11:26:37 AM
Not as far as I know
Ride the Zipper?
alconverse1
Monday, June 22, 2020 11:37:56 AM
cizarny
Monday, July 20, 2020 3:11:46 AM
ridejocky
Sunday, July 26, 2020 7:34:01 PM
Wow, dude knows a lot of people....
Ride the Zipper?
IndianaTED
  •  IndianaTED
  • 64.78% (Friendly)
  • Maintenance Supervisor Topic Starter
Tuesday, August 4, 2020 4:41:31 PM
When I first posted this i was unaware of any cases here in my home town/county. Since then i have learned of 9 people i know personally and one death. one person who i see regularly got it and was sick from it, but not to the point of hospitalization. He said even though he is "over it" he has not regained his senses of taste or smell yet and that is a month and a half post illness. He says he was a skeptic at first but now believes this is a real thing not to be taken lightly.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Jackpotter
Wednesday, August 5, 2020 10:46:32 AM
My sister-in-law had it back in March when things really started up in TN. She's a nurse who was in one of the first nursing homes where it got really bad.

She didn't have a temp, but lost taste/smell, had a headache and just felt zapped. Took her about two weeks to recover completely.

Otherwise, to this point, I don't personally know anyone who has had it.

In my little hometown in KY they've been hit pretty hard but their numbers are primarily from an outbreak in the local nursing home among patients and staff.

Interesting story: I was in Florida for my daughter's wedding July 11-18 when things really blew up down there. Beaches were jam packed, people weren't wearing masks or social distancing virtually anywhere. We wore our masks (except when we were on the beach) and used hand sanitizer religiously and tried to maintain social distance from people as best we could. When I got back home I had to self quarantine for fourteen days per one of the many mandates the Governor has issued. Last Saturday was the 14th day and to this point not a single person in the wedding group (nearly forty people) have contracted the virus.

I have no doubt the virus is a real thing and is very dangerous to those who are susceptible. But I also believe that the media and the left are spinning it as a narrative to scare people for various reasons that I won't get into on this forum.
ridejocky
Wednesday, August 5, 2020 11:28:10 AM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

When I first posted this i was unaware of any cases here in my home town/county. Since then i have learned of 9 people i know personally and one death. one person who i see regularly got it and was sick from it, but not to the point of hospitalization. He said even though he is "over it" he has not regained his senses of taste or smell yet and that is a month and a half post illness. He says he was a skeptic at first but now believes this is a real thing not to be taken lightly.

It's good you didn't get it seeing them regularly and whatnot.

I still don't know anyone. My sister know someone that tested positive but has no symptoms.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Thursday, August 6, 2020 8:04:09 AM
I still haven't come across anyone here (at least family or close friends) that have had it.

We went to the beach back in July, we did wear masks as much as possible and didn't go out to town very much it seems we didn't catch it, at least not yet.

I know it is a real virus and dangerous to those that are older and with pre-existing conditions, but I believe as well that this is being pushed with more "fear" for reasons I will not discuss here either.

That being said, we still need to be careful, specially around folks who might catch it faster. I really believe this was released on purpose by the host nation, or at the very least less was done to stop it in order to "strike" back at us.