thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:59:59 AM
I didn't take these pictures, but sure do remember the midway, this was during a time when big A had the contract for 3 years, then playworld got it for a few years, and then AofA came back later on.

Some great photo's of Hang Ten, Flying Bobs, Crazy Mouse, and such.

https://www.flickr.com/p...albums/72157594267796050 

ridejocky
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:02:34 PM
Nice, thanks.

I always liked moving the bobs....
Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 3:51:53 PM
Yeah, pretty sure that one was Robbie's M. and his Hang Ten, think I heard he doesn't have either of them now, but could be wrong.

I liked the Music Fest on our show, which was essentially a Bobs with different name, but fun ride to run. Wasn't really all that bad to move compared to other music rides, our crew did a pretty good job tearing down Saturday night and opening Monday night.
ridejocky
Tuesday, May 12, 2020 11:49:29 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

Yeah, pretty sure that one was Robbie's M. and his Hang Ten, think I heard he doesn't have either of them now, but could be wrong.

I liked the Music Fest on our show, which was essentially a Bobs with different name, but fun ride to run. Wasn't really all that bad to move compared to other music rides, our crew did a pretty good job tearing down Saturday night and opening Monday night.

Only ever saw Music Fest, it was owned (I think) by Colbert. Yeah, a bobs with different sign, scenery & multi-colored tubs.

Ride the Zipper?
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:06:18 AM
Originally Posted by: ridejocky 

Only ever saw Music Fest, it was owned (I think) by Colbert. Yeah, a bobs with different sign, scenery & multi-colored tubs.

A funny thing, ours was mix of both the Bobs and Fest, it was basically blue and white, it the Fest sign and music notes on the top perimeter scenery but winter scenes on the bottom and inside middle scenery. All tubs were white, I always was hoping he would paint it like a normal Fest, but never did. Towards the end I remember it being in rough shape, needed a new center and the experienced crew blew the show the last year, so you had a bunch of guys that only partially knew what they were doing.
JustinJames
Thursday, May 14, 2020 12:34:17 PM
He still has both rides to my knowledge.
thunderbolt85
Friday, May 15, 2020 8:05:17 AM
Originally Posted by: JustinJames 

He still has both rides to my knowledge.

Nice, and the Sky Wheel that was in Hamburg last year?