Matt C.
Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:41:45 PM
Originally Posted by: rodler 

Yeah, there was a story on this site about them going into a different business and Crabtree being awarded the North Dakota State Fair.

Heres the story you are referring to:
https://carnivalwarehous...route-in-2019-1540166400 

Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com 
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com 
TN JOHN
Tuesday, February 11, 2020 2:18:42 PM
I think Russ will do very well there
Scott
  •  Scott
  • 87% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, February 14, 2020 7:39:23 AM
Don't forget that in 1967 West Coast Shows (From California) played the Kentucky State Fair and Nebraska State Fair.
indianacarnie
Saturday, February 15, 2020 11:28:54 AM
Russ has a nice looking show indeed. But ..... there's no way just his stuff will fill it ridewise. Any idea who will be booking in to help? I worked on his show multiple times both for him and for his father. The elder Kissel was an old school Carny but you can't mention his name there anymore. At least the last few times I blew in. Still, Russ is ok and I wish him all the luck in the world at KSF.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
thunderbolt85
Monday, February 17, 2020 7:00:15 AM
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie 

Russ has a nice looking show indeed. But ..... there's no way just his stuff will fill it ridewise. Any idea who will be booking in to help? I worked on his show multiple times both for him and for his father. The elder Kissel was an old school Carny but you can't mention his name there anymore. At least the last few times I blew in. Still, Russ is ok and I wish him all the luck in the world at KSF.

He might work with Talley since they have them in Ohio, or maybe not, not sure of Talley's route after Ohio.

Although most likely will not get up there to see it anytime soon, hope he puts the Diver in there.
IndianaTED
Monday, February 17, 2020 9:29:56 AM
Just a funny little story about the Kentucky State Fair...Probably like 20 years ago, me and a friend decided to go to the Six Flags Theme Park in Louisville, about a 3 hour drive. This was in late July or early August. When we got there, the parking lot was completely empty, like Wally World in "Vacation". We were there early, but not that early. Found a maintenance guy and he explained to us the park always closed the week before the start of the State Fair to allow for everything else around it to get set up. Which the day we were there, I saw no evidence of portable carnival rides yet. So I did kind of feel like Clark Griswald that day. The only time I have ever seen a major park being closed on a sunny day in the middle of the summer. We ended up driving around another 100 miles over to King's Island in Cincinnati instead.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thunderbolt85
Monday, February 17, 2020 12:05:18 PM
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED 

Just a funny little story about the Kentucky State Fair...Probably like 20 years ago, me and a friend decided to go to the Six Flags Theme Park in Louisville, about a 3 hour drive. This was in late July or early August. When we got there, the parking lot was completely empty, like Wally World in "Vacation". We were there early, but not that early. Found a maintenance guy and he explained to us the park always closed the week before the start of the State Fair to allow for everything else around it to get set up. Which the day we were there, I saw no evidence of portable carnival rides yet. So I did kind of feel like Clark Griswald that day. The only time I have ever seen a major park being closed on a sunny day in the middle of the summer. We ended up driving around another 100 miles over to King's Island in Cincinnati instead.

LOL, now I have to ask, did you and your friend race to the front gate only to be meet with a talking Moose? You didn't punch it did you?
IndianaTED
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:35:40 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

LOL, now I have to ask, did you and your friend race to the front gate only to be meet with a talking Moose? You didn't punch it did you?

I did not punch anybody. Did not see any moose...LOL

I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
IndianaTED
Tuesday, February 25, 2020 11:42:23 AM

Hey Thunderbolt, your mailbox is full!!!

I know, that was me not long ago!
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, March 3, 2020 7:31:42 AM
Read an article in Carnival Mag last night that they have bought about 5 or 6 new rides to beef up the line up.

One piece is a coaster, of the Galaxy type, a new Gravitron and then the rest were kiddies in addition to a new information/customer relations trailer.
Jackpotter
Wednesday, March 4, 2020 3:43:25 PM

Read an article in Carnival Mag last night that they have bought about 5 or 6 new rides to beef up the line up.

One piece is a coaster, of the Galaxy type, a new Gravitron and then the rest were kiddies in addition to a new information/customer relations trailer.

They bought a brand new ARM Vertigo.
thunderbolt85
Thursday, March 5, 2020 6:46:31 AM
Originally Posted by: Jackpotter 

They bought a brand new ARM Vertigo.

Thanks buddy, either I missed that in the article or they didn't know by printing.

That should help out a lot with their line up.