Home | Carnival News | Fair News | Park News | Classifieds & Help Wanted | Galleries | Contact
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Matt C.  
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2020 12:41:45 AM(UTC)
Matt C.

Rank: Lot Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Administrators
Joined: 1/1/2003(UTC)
Posts: 4,810
Location: Elgin, IL

Thanks: 201 times
Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rodler Go to Quoted Post
Yeah, there was a story on this site about them going into a different business and Crabtree being awarded the North Dakota State Fair.


Heres the story you are referring to:
https://carnivalwarehous...route-in-2019-1540166400



Matt Cook
Matt's Carnival Warehouse / Matt's Web Design
http://www.carnivalwarehouse.com
http://www.mwdwebdesign.com
thanks 1 user thanked Matt C. for this useful post.
rodler on 1/23/2020(UTC)
Offline TN JOHN  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 7:18:42 PM(UTC)
TN JOHN
Rank: 40-Miler

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/22/2015(UTC)
Posts: 13
United States
Location: Tennessee

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I think Russ will do very well there
thanks 1 user thanked TN JOHN for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/11/2020(UTC)
Offline Scott  
#18 Posted : Friday, February 14, 2020 12:39:23 PM(UTC)
Scott
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/3/2003(UTC)
Posts: 3,977
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 210 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Don't forget that in 1967 West Coast Shows (From California) played the Kentucky State Fair and Nebraska State Fair.
thanks 1 user thanked Scott for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/14/2020(UTC)
Offline indianacarnie  
#19 Posted : Saturday, February 15, 2020 4:28:54 PM(UTC)
indianacarnie
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/4/2006(UTC)
Posts: 862
Location: Indiana/Kentucky/Florida

Thanks: 29 times
Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Russ has a nice looking show indeed. But ..... there's no way just his stuff will fill it ridewise. Any idea who will be booking in to help? I worked on his show multiple times both for him and for his father. The elder Kissel was an old school Carny but you can't mention his name there anymore. At least the last few times I blew in. Still, Russ is ok and I wish him all the luck in the world at KSF.
An end, even with terror, is better than terror without end. F.Neitzsche
Offline thunderbolt85  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 12:00:15 PM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,541
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 1114 times
Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: indianacarnie Go to Quoted Post
Russ has a nice looking show indeed. But ..... there's no way just his stuff will fill it ridewise. Any idea who will be booking in to help? I worked on his show multiple times both for him and for his father. The elder Kissel was an old school Carny but you can't mention his name there anymore. At least the last few times I blew in. Still, Russ is ok and I wish him all the luck in the world at KSF.


He might work with Talley since they have them in Ohio, or maybe not, not sure of Talley's route after Ohio.

Although most likely will not get up there to see it anytime soon, hope he puts the Diver in there.
Offline IndianaTED  
#21 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 2:29:56 PM(UTC)
IndianaTED
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/4/2003(UTC)
Posts: 994
Location: West Central, Indiana

Thanks: 503 times
Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Just a funny little story about the Kentucky State Fair...Probably like 20 years ago, me and a friend decided to go to the Six Flags Theme Park in Louisville, about a 3 hour drive. This was in late July or early August. When we got there, the parking lot was completely empty, like Wally World in "Vacation". We were there early, but not that early. Found a maintenance guy and he explained to us the park always closed the week before the start of the State Fair to allow for everything else around it to get set up. Which the day we were there, I saw no evidence of portable carnival rides yet. So I did kind of feel like Clark Griswald that day. The only time I have ever seen a major park being closed on a sunny day in the middle of the summer. We ended up driving around another 100 miles over to King's Island in Cincinnati instead.
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thanks 1 user thanked IndianaTED for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/17/2020(UTC)
Offline thunderbolt85  
#22 Posted : Monday, February 17, 2020 5:05:18 PM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,541
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 1114 times
Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IndianaTED Go to Quoted Post
Just a funny little story about the Kentucky State Fair...Probably like 20 years ago, me and a friend decided to go to the Six Flags Theme Park in Louisville, about a 3 hour drive. This was in late July or early August. When we got there, the parking lot was completely empty, like Wally World in "Vacation". We were there early, but not that early. Found a maintenance guy and he explained to us the park always closed the week before the start of the State Fair to allow for everything else around it to get set up. Which the day we were there, I saw no evidence of portable carnival rides yet. So I did kind of feel like Clark Griswald that day. The only time I have ever seen a major park being closed on a sunny day in the middle of the summer. We ended up driving around another 100 miles over to King's Island in Cincinnati instead.


LOL, now I have to ask, did you and your friend race to the front gate only to be meet with a talking Moose? You didn't punch it did you?
Offline IndianaTED  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:35:40 PM(UTC)
IndianaTED
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/4/2003(UTC)
Posts: 994
Location: West Central, Indiana

Thanks: 503 times
Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
LOL, now I have to ask, did you and your friend race to the front gate only to be meet with a talking Moose? You didn't punch it did you?


I did not punch anybody. Did not see any moose...LOL
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
thanks 1 user thanked IndianaTED for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 2/26/2020(UTC)
Offline IndianaTED  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, February 25, 2020 4:42:23 PM(UTC)
IndianaTED
Rank: Maintenance Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/4/2003(UTC)
Posts: 994
Location: West Central, Indiana

Thanks: 503 times
Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 95 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
LOL, now I have to ask, did you and your friend race to the front gate only to be meet with a talking Moose? You didn't punch it did you?


Hey Thunderbolt, your mailbox is full!!!

I know, that was me not long ago!
I've never been "with it", just been an interested observer of carnivals for more than 50 years.
Johnny's United Shows..."A Family Tradition" and "All for Fun, Fun for All".
The carnival of my youth, which had roots that originated in my hometown.
Offline thunderbolt85  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2020 12:31:42 PM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,541
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 1114 times
Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Read an article in Carnival Mag last night that they have bought about 5 or 6 new rides to beef up the line up.

One piece is a coaster, of the Galaxy type, a new Gravitron and then the rest were kiddies in addition to a new information/customer relations trailer.
Offline Jackpotter  
#26 Posted : Wednesday, March 4, 2020 8:43:25 PM(UTC)
Jackpotter
Rank: Ride Supervisor

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/22/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,725

Thanks: 18 times
Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 Go to Quoted Post
Read an article in Carnival Mag last night that they have bought about 5 or 6 new rides to beef up the line up.

One piece is a coaster, of the Galaxy type, a new Gravitron and then the rest were kiddies in addition to a new information/customer relations trailer.


They bought a brand new ARM Vertigo.
thanks 1 user thanked Jackpotter for this useful post.
thunderbolt85 on 3/5/2020(UTC)
Offline thunderbolt85  
#27 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:46:31 AM(UTC)
thunderbolt85
Rank: Operations Foreman

Reputation:

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/27/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2,541
Location: Greenville SC

Thanks: 1114 times
Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jackpotter Go to Quoted Post
They bought a brand new ARM Vertigo.


Thanks buddy, either I missed that in the article or they didn't know by printing.

That should help out a lot with their line up.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
Kentucky State Fair is a GO (Amusement Industry Discussion)
by Jackpotter 6/9/2020 9:28:47 PM(UTC)
Kentucky State Fair midway provider (Amusement Industry History)
by LB Shows Mini Midway 4/13/2020 12:54:30 AM(UTC)
Kentucky State Fair (Amusement Industry Discussion)
by Jackpotter 8/13/2012 8:39:47 PM(UTC)
Kentucky State Fair Ride List/Report (Amusement Industry Discussion)
by Jackpotter 8/24/2009 7:50:04 PM(UTC)
Kentucky State Fair (Amusement Industry Discussion)
by Jackpotter 8/17/2009 7:50:27 AM(UTC)
Kentucky State Fair -NAME (Amusement Industry Discussion)
by Jackpotter 8/14/2008 9:34:47 AM(UTC)
Kentucky State Fair? (Amusement Industry Discussion)
by Jackpotter 8/21/2007 1:34:57 PM(UTC)
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.