thunderbolt85
Friday, January 10, 2020 6:51:26 AM
So looking for a little history here, who had the first Huss rides here in the United States? Not a park model, portable models and what was it? Was the Pirate the first big ones over here, or the Enterprise?

Did anyone ever move a Troika here in the states, how about a Disco Round?

I know that Goodings Million Dollar Midways bought a Swing Around and had it on the road for a while, but from what I read the motor burned out and they never took it again. Also think I read that it didn't make much money.
Tornado
Friday, January 10, 2020 12:19:33 PM

I would agree with the Enterprise and Pirate, not sure what would have been first.
And for the show I would guess Conklin, Royal American, Deggeller, Strates or perhaps Link....
RRSHOW1
  •  RRSHOW1
  • 57.26% (Neutral)
  • Maintenance Supervisor
Friday, January 10, 2020 3:29:51 PM
Frankie's Amusements bought one of the 1st Enterprises. Strates has it now
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.72% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Friday, January 10, 2020 4:06:51 PM
Frankie bought the Enterprise in 1978. It is a 1977 model. Strates bought it in 1982 along with the Pirate which was new I believe.
Tornado
Friday, January 10, 2020 5:57:15 PM
Originally Posted by: RRSHOW1 

Frankie's Amusements bought one of the 1st Enterprises. Strates has it now

Ok thanks RRSHOW1... Never thought about them.
Funny that Enterprise played the Champlain Valley Expo in Essex VT the year they got it.
And it once a again is playing Essex VT with Strates now....
Tornado
Friday, January 10, 2020 6:03:32 PM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

Ok thanks RRSHOW1... Never thought about them.
Funny that Enterprise played the Champlain Valley Expo in Essex VT the year they got it.
And it once a again is playing Essex VT with Strates now....

And I helped it tear it down that year too. If i remember correctly $5 dollars an hour was the rate. But never got the full amount... Said took less time than it did. My dad, who you know, was not happy about that.
ridejocky
Saturday, January 11, 2020 9:40:22 AM
Originally Posted by: Bill P 

Frankie bought the Enterprise in 1978. It is a 1977 model. Strates bought it in 1982 along with the Pirate which was new I believe.

The Pirate was supposed to be new, but I always thought the boat itself was used when he got it.
Ride the Zipper?