BeauceCarnavalMan
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 12:23:55 AM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

They have a couple of new rides coming in this year, or new to the spot. A Flying Bobs (not sure who's that is yet), a Fliver car ride, Red Baron, Morbid Mansion (anyone know who's that is?). They are also listing the Twister as new, but it has been there before just a long time ago, and oh yeah the Double Decker MGR. Strates had his in there a couple of years, but Dixie Classic and the SC State Fair overlap this year, so guess he couldn't make it.

Sad thing is only saw two music rides on the list, the Bobs and a Wisdom Himi, first time I can think of there will not be a "big" Himi like the Polar or Music Express, but still a big midway with two coasters and the log flume.

NAME bought a brand new Double Decker MGR same model that Strates has had for about 20 years.
BeauceCarnavalMan
Tornado
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 1:22:47 PM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

NAME bought a brand new Double Decker MGR same model that Strates has had for about 20 years.

No NAME's is a Chance and Strates is a Bertazzon.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:54:54 PM
NAME bought THREE double deck Chance MGR's used from 3 malls around the country. Two were put up this fall. The 3rd will come out in the spring.

They had the Strates Bertazzon once or twice at SCSF and must have liked how it did.
Tornado
Tuesday, November 5, 2019 9:35:31 PM
WOW 3 of them...
They must have really like it!
BeauceCarnavalMan
Monday, January 6, 2020 12:33:54 AM
Originally Posted by: Tornado 

WOW 3 of them...
They must have really like it!

or got a really good deal on them
BeauceCarnavalMan
ridejocky
Monday, January 6, 2020 6:12:55 AM
Originally Posted by: BeauceCarnavalMan 

or got a really good deal on them

And perhaps didn't want anyone else to get one...

Ride the Zipper?
Astro85
Monday, January 6, 2020 8:46:32 AM
How many on those double decker MGR? 2 I assume? How do they rack? Thanks.
Tornado
Monday, January 6, 2020 9:11:29 AM

assuming they move on multiple loads/trailers like Strates does...
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Monday, January 6, 2020 3:43:48 PM
Strates double MGR rides in 3 containers, one for center, one for horses and one for scenery. Center container opens at the top so the center pole can be lifted out with a crane.
thunderbolt85
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 6:49:07 AM
I always see a load on the train with a tarp over it, have never figured out what that is, does anyone know.

I figured it might be center load for Music Express, but doesn't that one travel over the road?
Tornado
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 2:31:27 PM
Originally Posted by: thunderbolt85 

I always see a load on the train with a tarp over it, have never figured out what that is, does anyone know.

I figured it might be center load for Music Express, but doesn't that one travel over the road?

If the trailer is redish (faded red) and the tarp/cover is grey then yes it the Musik Express center. It nice that they sill cover it.
And I think it mostly travels on th train.
Bill P
  •  Bill P
  • 81.66% (Honored)
  • Operations Foreman
Tuesday, January 7, 2020 3:38:19 PM
Strates Musik express center has always been tarpped since they got it in '94. One year it looked like they replaced a worn out custom cover with a generic tarp which didn't stay in place too well. When the ride pulled on the lot it looked like the tarp was half off. The next season they were back to a custom fitted cover.

The Double MGR center travels in a black container which has doors opening on top and I may have seen a small tarp on the top of that one a time or two.
thunderbolt85
Wednesday, January 8, 2020 7:07:41 AM
ok thanks for confirming the tarp load was the ME center, makes sense that is such a nice looking ride and all those lights you want to keep clean and safe along with the scenery.