thunderbolt85
Tuesday, December 17, 2019 6:51:57 AM
That was a good story on the Georgia National Fair and Reithoffer. Reithoffer does a really great job in there from what I read and hear, one day hope to make it down there to see it.

I remember the first year they had it, the blue unit had come to the Piedmont Interstate Fair the year before, so great midway, but it did change that year because the Blue unit went down.

From what I can remember reading that had a great ride line up that first year with the Chance Wheel, I believe the Sky Wheel was still out then, the Caterpillar, Thunderbolt, and I think they had the older Himalaya there. Lots of other great specs and majors like the Tip Top, Scram, and others. I can't remember though if the Rainbow or Tornado went down there the first year, but they still did a great job in Spartanburg and I think they were playing another date (so 3) at the same time. They did book rides and I believe they had booked a nice back end in Perry.
rodler
  •  rodler
  • 76.1% (Friendly)
  • Ride Supervisor
Thursday, December 19, 2019 4:14:24 AM

This show just seems to keep getting better each year! I`ve seen the orange unit before and fell in love with the Dutch Wheel.
RodB
thunderbolt85
Thursday, December 19, 2019 6:40:27 AM
Yep, now this is not a "slam", I know things change, but I do miss some rides from the Orange unit like the Tip Top, Cobra, Twister, Hurricane, 16 Seat Wheel, Turn Tike, Venture Canoe and a few others.

At least they still move the ground mtn Scrambler, but again I know things change.

Yeah that Dutch Wheel as always been nice looking, I like the back wall, Deggeller and Strates never used a back wall, but Reithoffer did. Hadn't seen it in a while but maybe it was trailer mounted I think?
alconverse1
Friday, December 20, 2019 2:42:19 PM
THE BACK WALL IS THE BAUNET TRAILER THE BACK WALL FOLDS DOWN AND IS ALSO THE CONTROL TRAILER